• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

hone

150cc
(Direct from Extreme Flight website)
http://extremeflightrc.com/html/64MXS.html
Introducing the Extreme Flight
64" MXS-EXP ARF
At long last the Extreme Flight RC 64 inch MXS-EXP is here!

The third release in this series, the MXS-EXP is destined to become a 3D legend!
The MXS is rock solid in slow, high alpha attitudes, while the ultra-aggressive pitch and yaw rates generated by the massive EXP style control surfaces provide for the most insane gyroscopic tumbling maneuvers you're likely to experience. Tone down your rates and the MXS-EXP will hang with the best when performing precision aerobatic figures.

The MXS-EXP is available in 2 beautiful Ultracote finishes with matching painted cowls, canopy/hatches and wheel pants over a jig-built interlocking laser cut structure that is light, robust and accurate. The carbon fiber wing tube, landing gear and tailwheel assembly are durable and lightweight and the dual ball link pushrod assemblies allow for precise control surface actuation.

If you are ready for the state-of-the-art in high performance aerobatic aircraft design and performance then the 64" MXS-EXP is the airframe for you!

Special announcement! Just in time for the release of the MXS-EXP is the arrival of our new Torque Revolution 4016T/500 MKII! Featuring more efficient operation, better cooling, now magnet retention system, the capability to turn 16 inch props and MORE POWER, this new motor is perfect for all of the Extreme Flight 60 inch aircraft!

MXS.jpg MXS2.jpg

Specifications:
Wingspan:
64 inches (including racing wing tips)
Length: 58.5 inches
Wing Area: 760 sq. in.
Weight: 5 - 6lbs (depending on battery size used)
Power:

Torque 4016/500 MKII Outrunner with Airboss 80A Esc w/ 5S 3850 - 5000 or 6S 3300- 5000mAh LiPo battery

Radio:
Modern computer radio with 4 metal geared mini servos (Hitec 5245, 7245, JR 3711, etc.)

Build Videos:[video=youtube;EH5MnBFcc7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH5MnBFcc7k&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;J94MXExDyqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94MXExDyqU&feature=g-high-u[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I'll post pics of my plane when it arrives tomorrow. I'll be using a motrofly 4315-480, CC Ice Lite 75, and 4 HS-5245s. I am very excited about the release of this plane! :D

hone

150cc
Alright guy i just got my MXS from the big brown truck!!! First of all it looks awesome! Top notch build quality from a top notch company. One of the first thing i noticed is there is no carbon fiber running along the fuselage like in my 60'' Extra from EF, i'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing as the CF in the Extra has held up great even with a few crashes. Only time will tell but the wood structure looks excellently designed and the plane being from Extreme Flight i'm confident there will be no issues.

Here are some pics
Photo on 2012-08-21 at 13.40.jpg Photo on 2012-08-21 at 13.41.jpgPhoto on 2012-08-21 at 13.42.jpg Photo on 2012-08-21 at 18.56.jpg

It's all setup and just waiting for a power system. I was going to gut my Extra but i got the combo from EF and will be running a 16x8 prop :D

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Got the power combo heading my way, i'll be waiting for that to arrive to finish my build. I just want to say thanks to Extreme Flight for letting me add the power combo!!

MXCOP

New to GSN!
I don't guys, I couldn't wait for the green one either but now tha I have the yellow I'm happy I made this choice, don't take me wrong but this yellow is sharp!!

Lee

hone

150cc
I don't guys, I couldn't wait for the green one either but now tha I have the yellow I'm happy I made this choice, don't take me wrong but this yellow is sharp!!

Lee

I agree. The yellow really pops. I love the scheme on this.

gyro

GSN Contributor
my unboxing!

Ok, finally unboxed my MXS. Took a bunch of pics. Have a look see:

IMG_3764.jpgIMG_3765.jpgIMG_3766.jpgIMG_3767.jpgIMG_3768.jpgIMG_3769.jpgIMG_3770.jpgIMG_3771.jpgIMG_3772.jpgIMG_3773.jpg

Initial observations:

Best overall covering job on any EF model I've purchased ever.
Awesome attention to detail in construction of the wing tips
excellent color matching of the cowl/canopy with the airframe
small divot in the top of one wing was the only damage I really saw... and it was insignificant!
I'm going to make my underside match, so I've started peeling off the black checkerboard of the horizontal stab, and I'll add a few black strips so it matches the scheme on the wings.

Can't wait to start the build later tonight! This plane looks SWEET!