• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

gyro

GSN Contributor
made some changes on my plane today before I start assembly. I didn't like the checkboard ALL over the tail, so I removed it from the horizontal stab, and re-covered the bottom with stripes to match the wings. the tops will get the site airplane logo in black.

IMG_3773.jpgIMG_3784.jpgIMG_3783.jpgIMG_3785.jpgIMG_3786.jpg

hone

150cc
I'm so excited for the MXS to get here. I was originally strip the power system and servos from my Extra for the MXS but i got the power combo and decided to put the HV servos in the MXS. I just installed VGs on my Extra and i don't feel it needs anymore improvement so i'll keep it how it is. For the MXS i want to make sure the MXS is set up properly so i wanted to get a servo programmer, which one would you guys suggest? The cheapest one that will do the job please :)

hone

150cc
Awesome pics Doc.

I want to fly my MXS soo bad. It looks pretty sick, and it's just sitting in my front room waiting for servos :( I can't wait. The servos(hs-7245s)should be here Thursday so hopefully i can drop them in and get the maiden plus a few more flights. I'm going to be doing a scheme inspired from a video game i played called crazy taxi. Hopefully i can get some video and pictures soon.

Will the gear from 3dhs 57 extra fit in this plane. I think i am running 225mgs,14x7 on 4s4000 with an ice 100 lite and motrolfly (dont remember the number its 714kv though.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Will the gear from 3dhs 57 extra fit in this plane. I think i am running 225mgs,14x7 on 4s4000 with an ice 100 lite and motrolfly (dont remember the number its 714kv though.

Absolutely. I'm building my MXS right now, with 5245s, and the 6s motrolfly 4315-480kv setup with a 6s3000 battery. With 4s 4000 on the 4315-714kv, you could easily prop up to the 15x7 with this plane the batts will be fine... I know exactly which ones you're using! :D