• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

64" mxs exp

Redneck engineering for tail lights. I love Popsicle sticks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367773973.094293.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367773986.995936.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Redneck engineering for tail lights. I love Popsicle sticks!View attachment 8559View attachment 8560

Looks good!

I got 2 flights on mine today, after a 3 month or so lay off while I focused on my big gassers.

Was reminded today how well this plane locks in even on a windy (15 mph) day, and had a blast.
As usual, got some amazing pop-tops and had a blast. It's amazing how differently this plane wads itself up into a little ball during a tumble.

Love this plane! Can't wait for the 78"

hone

150cc
The light setup is looking good. Can't wait to hear how they work out for you. I'm looking to put together a night flyer and will be getting a 48'' and 60'' plane soon. I haven't decided which i'd put lights on yet.

I'm also anxious to get my hands on the 78''. Please EF bring on the gas 78'' MXS! I need one now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
mxslighttest

four test flights today running the lights. the small 450 milliamp three cell seemed to do ok for a 4-5 minute flight but anything longer than that will need a larger capacity battery. we did four flights and swapped to a new battery each time. everything seemed to work fine so i guess the next step is actually flying in the dark! probably try that next week at joe nall. wish him luck. i'll upload some pics and video of today's test flight shortly. i'm not sure if i will get any video of the night flights as i don't think my camera will be able to do well at night.

Komet163

50cc
Went out and got to see test flight with kevin and evan, lights worked great even though it was daytime. Can't wait to see night flights now. Good job guys

Bill

i thought about adding a red blinky light in the cockpit to aid in orientation but i didn't want to fool with it. let's hope he can keep track up orientation :)
k.t.

Went out and got to see test flight with kevin and evan, lights worked great even though it was daytime. Can't wait to see night flights now. Good job guys

Bill