• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got an orange one, I'm excited for the build but trying to decide what to use.
1-Servos I'm thinking 7954's
2-Motor Motrofly but don't know which one yet, 4325, 4330 or 5320. Or should I go hacker? Which one?
I'm planning to run 8s 4000 to share batts from my 57.
3-Should I get a bec pro or can I just plug a 2s lipo straight into the rcvr. How many mahs for rcvr pack?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with either the hacker or the motrolfly.
SteveT has a hacker in his, and I've had both the Motrolfly 4325 and 5320 in mine, with both on 8s spinning and 19x10. Completely overpowered rocket sleds with either of them!
I run mine with two 4s4000 packs, and a CC BEC Pro, and it works great.

-G

ka9fax

30cc
Hello,
My 42" slick flys so well i thought i would get the 71". A friend of mine has one and i was sold after flying it. I will be running a Motrolfly 4325-380 on 6s and a Ice 100. My ques. are i will buy a 19x10, should i also try the 20x6? or is that just for 8s? 2ed, do u feel any differance between the Pro Tec and the Xoar? or just buy what ever is in stock at the time.
thanks for the help
ka9fax

ryan_m

100cc
19x10 is the money prop on that motor. A 20x6 will work but I suspect will be very slow in the air. 20x8 would be better, but 19x10 was by far my favorite.
No experience personally with the protek ones, I was happy with the Xoar so I never tried. Others have liked the protek ones just fine though.

The protek felt and sounded slightly different but I was happy with its performance. The hole in the protek is smaller than the motrolflys prop adapter so it needs to be reamed. The Xoar has the correct size hole from the factory.

ka9fax

30cc
thanks for help guys, i have a good site for buying Protek props,but what is your fav. site for buying Xoar's

gyro

GSN Contributor
thanks for help guys, i have a good site for buying Protek props,but what is your fav. site for buying Xoar's

RcDude.com is one of our awesome Site Sponsors, and pretty much has every Xoar prop that they make in stock, and Randy is super nice and a quick shipper too! Same goes for Tim and Quantum Hobby.

As for the Proteks, I use them also, and they work great. Almost indistinguishable from the Xoars on performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ka9fax

30cc
thanks, going to the sites now. can't wait to start on this bird, getting everything together, but i have to get my basement painted 1st. :crying: