• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Tail dunk Alaskan style
Watch in 720p
[video=youtube;EVENdKQgRD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVENdKQgRD0[/video]

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That was awesome Bryan. Looks like break-up is right around the corner :) Bring on those long Alaskan Summer days! Wish I could come up there for a few weeks...

skibum44

70cc twin V2
That was awesome Bryan. Looks like break-up is right around the corner :) Bring on those long Alaskan Summer days! Wish I could come up there for a few weeks...

That it is... Sun comes up at 6:22 and goes down at 9:36 already and only getting longer. Love flying this time of year. Let me know if you ever come up... Will let you get a pull on my planes.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That it is... Sun comes up at 6:22 and goes down at 9:36 already and only getting longer. Love flying this time of year. Let me know if you ever come up... Will let you get a pull on my planes.

Cool! Maybe sometime in the next ten years or so lol... I would love to go up and climb flat-top and visit people I know in Palmer, Wassilla, Soldotna, and Anchorage. Half a day of flying would fit in there pretty nice :D Of course it would also have to be when the reds are running :D

Jkim

50cc
Hello Guys! I'm new to this site and just wanted to join in. I have a red 71" Slick powered with a DLE35. I flew her maiden this past weekend and that thing is awesome!!! This is my first 3DHS airframe and every thing is so true about what I have been hearing. I am addicted now. I am currently working out of town in Corpus Christi and can't wait to get back home to Bama this weekend to take it up again.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Tail dunk Alaskan style
Watch in 720p
[video=youtube;EVENdKQgRD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVENdKQgRD0[/video]

Absolutely awesome Brian!

Hello Guys! I'm new to this site and just wanted to join in. I have a red 71" Slick powered with a DLE35. I flew her maiden this past weekend and that thing is awesome!!! This is my first 3DHS airframe and every thing is so true about what I have been hearing. I am addicted now. I am currently working out of town in Corpus Christi and can't wait to get back home to Bama this weekend to take it up again.

Welcome to 3DRCF! Congrats on the maiden, it's a great airplane. I've owned a few different versions, 70" Electric and 71" Gas (and 42", 51", 59" and 89"). Which prop are you using on the DLE-35? 3DNater also has the 35, and he's running a 19", although I think he'd prefer a 20". I have the DLE-30 in mine, and currently run the 19x8 valleyview beechwood prop. Really looking foward to getting a CF prop on there to see how she does.

Again, welcome!

-G

Jkim

50cc
Thanks for the welcome!

Currently I am breaking it in with a Xoar 19x8 beechwood and it is spinning up great. I have a Vess 19B I was going to try after break in which won"t be much longer since I installed a Bowman ring before I mounted the engine. I was thinking about a CF but not sure...so let me know how it does.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the welcome!

Currently I am breaking it in with a Xoar 19x8 beechwood and it is spinning up great. I have a Vess 19B I was going to try after break in which won"t be much longer since I installed a Bowman ring before I mounted the engine. I was thinking about a CF but not sure...so let me know how it does.

Mine spins up great too, and even starts super easy. I also installed the bowman ring before first run, and did a nice breakin with 32:1 lawnboy for just over a gallon. On straight passes the prop is on the threshold of a rip, and I haven't even tuned the top for "max rpm" yet... (all this on the thick lawnboy fuel, not the nice VP 40:1 I've got ready to go) which tells me that it can handle a pinch more prop... and I'd love to try a Falcon 19x10 CF prop.

-G