• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

Olie

50cc
I had a baffling day today attempting to reduce motor temperatures.

1 sheet of CF later:

not so happy with this one:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Olie, one thing to keep in mind, is the motor temps should come down a little bit as the concentric bearing on the rear of the motor "breaks in" since them come pretty tight.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone have an electric motorbox extension they aren't using and would part with? Thinking about converting this airplane to electric.

Thanks!

Letzrock

50cc
Anyone have an electric motorbox extension they aren't using and would part with? Thinking about converting this airplane to electric.

Thanks!

Personally I would just get some extensions and forget about the motor box. The blind nuts that come pre installed are in the wrong location for most motors I would use on this plane. Your fire wall will wind up looking like Swiss cheese if you don't make a new one.

joshgluck

100cc

Thanks!

Yeah you can have mine.... PM me your address so I don't have to search for it in the stack of trades we've done ;-)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yeah you can have mine.... PM me your address so I don't have to search for it in the stack of trades we've done ;-)

Actually, found out I can't go electric :(

I only installed the single side rudder horn, and she won't balance with rudder servo in the tail.

She'll get her DLE30 back shortly.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You could get those self adjusting metal control horns for pull pull and make it work.

Nah, I'll just pickup a different plane this size and build lecky from the start. I'll keep flying this one as gas until another wing rips off! :)

wade

50cc
I got one good flight out of my 72 today. It was doing some great walls, did one of my best knife edge spins, and was loving it. Second Flight I got a little disoriented and stalled it close to the flight line. Definitely got the Sphincter muscle tightened up. Unfortunately it destroyed the landing gear, which only had three flights on it. It also busted the plywood on the bottom of the motorbox pretty good.