• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got one good flight out of my 72 today. It was doing some great walls, did one of my best knife edge spins, and was loving it. Second Flight I got a little disoriented and stalled it close to the flight line. Definitely got the Sphincter muscle tightened up. Unfortunately it destroyed the landing gear, which only had three flights on it. It also busted the plywood on the bottom of the motorbox pretty good.

Ouch, sorry Wade :(

RC Girl

70cc twin V2
Actually, found out I can't go electric :(

I only installed the single side rudder horn, and she won't balance with rudder servo in the tail.

She'll get her DLE30 back shortly.

I changed mine from gas to electric and still used the push-pull. It was tail heavy. So i added so weight (gross :p) in the nose and it was fine

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Umm i think i ended up stuffing $5 worth of quarters up there because thats all we had at the field lol im not sure how much it weighed though

Which motor did you use and what batteries are you using? I like my 74 Edge so much that I may pick up one of these, but I prefer push-pull, so a small adjustment to the battery capacity and it may balance out just fine. If I remember correctly, a half-roll of quarters is 4 oz. With my 10S setup with the A60-7S and 2x 5S 4000's, 4 ounces of capacity means 40 seconds in flight time. I typically put back 480-500mAh for every minutes of flight, if I mix it up. From the battery weights I have, I can either go 4.6 oz more and add 40 secs, or add 6.1 oz for about another 50 secs. Anyone have an AUW with their existing setup so I can see how this will all work?

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Great motor... I can't find a weight for that battery for some reason, but four ounces of capacity will certainly extend the flight time and put some of that dead weight to use.

gyro

GSN Contributor
She flies again!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384882747.139461.jpg
Just finished 15 minutes of flying, going to fuel up and go back up again for another flight before my lunch break ends.

I really missed this plane! :D

Btw, my DLE30 is spinning a Xion CF prop to over 9000 rpm in flight... Basically ripping in the dives. Love this engine, and the Xion compares in flight to my falcon 19x8.

zmonster97

My 72" extra! Love this plane!

[video=youtube;ZV5VUTP2xwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5VUTP2xwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice flight Z! Loved the landing!!!!

:grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat::grrreat:

Last edited by a moderator: