• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

72" Extra 330SC

kman240

New to GSN!
Hello....I just joined 3drcforums and I am thinking of buying the 3dhs 72 inch extra....but I need to know if it will fit in my little car!! Can someone who owns a 3DHS extra 300sc 72 inch please take two measurements for me?? I need to know the height of the rudder (from the ground to the highest part of the rudder) and also the measurement from the ground to the highest part of the cowl. Thanks for your help I have been looking everywhere for this info but can not find it. Can't wait to get my hands on this plane!! Thanks again!!

SnowDog

First of all welcome to the forum kman! I don't have the 72" extra but I do have the 71" Slick and I know for a fact that it fits in a Nissan Sentra. Which make and model car do you have?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello....I just joined 3drcforums and I am thinking of buying the 3dhs 72 inch extra....but I need to know if it will fit in my little car!! Can someone who owns a 3DHS extra 300sc 72 inch please take two measurements for me?? I need to know the height of the rudder (from the ground to the highest part of the rudder) and also the measurement from the ground to the highest part of the cowl. Thanks for your help I have been looking everywhere for this info but can not find it. Can't wait to get my hands on this plane!! Thanks again!!

Angle isn't perfect, I'd say about 16"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388028134.869672.jpg

Angle is spot on, so 17 1/4"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388028179.634627.jpg

This plane is a ton of fun. Really stable low and slow, and plenty of aggression in energy maneuvers.
The wings are a weak area for this plane, and must be reinforced. Read previous posts on this subject.

Welcome to the site! :)

kman240

New to GSN!
Wow thanks!! this will save me a lot of time!! I have a Precision Aerobatics Extra 260 48"....I love that plane but I wanna go bigger....so I think this will be the perfect plane for me......and with this info......I think it will fit in my car!!!! Thank you very much!!

kman240

New to GSN!
I have a 1992 Nissan 240sx.....it is a hatchback but with the hatch closed it is not that deep.....that is why I need to know the height of the rudder. Where there is a will there is a way.....so I am pretty sure I can make it fit somehow!!!! Maybe I will have to smash out my back window!!! lol...

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
Looking for a cowl for a 72" yellow Extra.

My son tore his up beyond repair and they've been out of stock for quite a while.

Will even buy a wrecked one as long as it's repairable and the wood ring is mostly intact or you at least you have all the parts!

Will pay a fair price for it plus shipping!

PM me!

Fred