• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73" QQ Yak 54

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I am supposed to get my 30cc this weekend. He sent me pics. One elevator half needs hinged. Then the landing gear block needs repaired. I need to find some gear. He does not have the the stock gear. He had some 50cc size gear on it. Looks goofy!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Picked it up. Has some hitec hb gear servos and VVRC wing bags. Needs some new landing gear. Not bad for $65! Happy. Just need a dle 30

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Does anyone know of some decent landing gear for the Yak? I believe the base is 3.5" I found a set but $50 seems a tad steep, but it may be made to order. I have a set of aluminum gear but it is way too wide at the base. I may need to cut and weld it. I may even do a budget electric setup on this one. Not sure yet. maybe a 26cc would be perfect as well? Who knows. It would be fun to keep this one light I think.

SnowDog

what are the dimensions of the 50cc size gear that came with it? I'm in need of a new LG for my 89" Slick, perhaps those would fit and I can underwrite the cost of your new gear?

3DHS sells replacement gear for the 72" Extra for $40 that should work on your 73" Yah...?

I''m looking at $70 to replace the gear on my 89" Slick!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I will measure it up tomorrow. They look really big for this plane. The issue with gear for this one is the narrow flat at the top.