• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Jkim

50cc
I don't know if it helps or not but, here is a pic of a 35RA mounted on my 71" Slick.
Its not pretty but serves the purpose... The mounting holes on the right side of the firewall lined up fine while the ones on the left side had to be re-drilled just a bit toward the left edge. You will have to remove a portion of the tri-stock so you can flush up your washers and bolts to the back side of the firewall. (Not Shown) There was a piece of an aluminum angle stock used to reinforce the motor box.

DSC01844.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
I don't know if it helps or not but, here is a pic of a 35RA mounted on my 71" Slick.
Its not pretty but serves the purpose... The mounting holes on the right side of the firewall lined up fine while the ones on the left side had to be re-drilled just a bit toward the left edge. You will have to remove a portion of the tri-stock so you can flush up your washers and bolts to the back side of the firewall. (Not Shown) There was a piece of an aluminum angle stock used to reinforce the motor box.

View attachment 8600

See how yours fits top to bottom though, mine does not. I like what you did though.. I'll have to check. The cowl lined up for you? Any chance you have a pic of top, bottom and the other side? I'd appreciate it

Jkim

50cc
I used the supplied stand-off's and there was a very close tolerance between the spinner back plate and the front of the cowl. Also it lined up very close to center.
As far as other pic's I will have to check. I will blow up my avatar pic and post it if that helps also.
If I don't have any on my PC I will take some when I get home from out of town Friday.

Jkim

50cc
Here are some with the spinner. I don't have any with it off. I will take them when I get home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368033466.714542.jpg. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368033515.646342.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368033544.053654.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks Jkim.. I don't know how you were able to line up the cowl and still have the engine mounted so far right. Did you have issues with the cowl screws?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Jkim.. I don't know how you were able to line up the cowl and still have the engine mounted so far right. Did you have issues with the cowl screws?

The cowl should line up fine because you're not (or you SHOULDN'T be) mounting the engine off center. The issue is the width of mounting bolts, not the centerline of the prop.

joshgluck

100cc
Correct Gary.

As usual ;-) maybe its the masters degree

Since a picture is worth a thousand words
uploadfromtaptalk1368071634151.jpg

Success! My notch is a bit off but it works. Thanks again for all your help. I would like to reinforce the firewall around the notch and behind it. any ideas?

Just ordered the other 35ra for the extra since now I know what to do