• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

All the control surfaces are glued and hinged and the tail wheel is installed. . I fuel proofed the motor box and glued all the exposed areas I could get too.

I'm going to wait to install the VVRC 40cc because I'm on the waiting list for the DA35cc and rumor has it shipping will be shipping in two weeks. In two weeks I'll have everything on the Extra done except for the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
All the control surfaces are glued and hinged and the tail wheel is installed. . I fuel proofed the motor box and glued all the exposed areas I could get too.

I'm going to wait to install the VVRC 40cc because I'm on the waiting list for the DA35cc and rumor has it shipping will be sthippinh in two weeks. In two weeks I'll have everything on the Extra done except for the motor.

The twin is a sweet engine for this plane, people are having great success with it. I wouldn't hold my breath on DA for the ship date. That "two week" ship date has been a floating delay since early spring! Nothing against DA- great engines but believe it when you see one. I went with a DLE 35 RA and piped it and have been very happy. I was set on the DA but wanted to fly this season!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
arrived! :cool:

78EA.jpg

RKEstes

50cc
Quick question for anyone running the VVRC 40cc twin. I'm just about ready to mount my engine and was wondering if you guys used the supplied blind nuts or through bolted it with some fender washers on the back of the firewall? I'm just a little leery of the blind nuts. Thanks!