• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

84" Bigfoot

RotorJockey

70cc twin V2
ok what's the deal with no discussion on venting? I'm almost done building and I realize there is no venting provided for underneath...that is...no exit venting for my GT33. The 71 Slick has a vented cover you can put underneath to provide for exit air. I've searched all the threads on Bigfoot and there is very little discussion on this aspect other than an agreement that the manual does not discuss it. I know it is needed; I'm thinking that I'll open up the panel in the cannister tunnel just behind the landing gear cause that one seems the right size. No panel for now, but I guess I can make one.

Anyone with a gasser Bigfoot have any input here?

We did a few different things with Arnold's Bigfoot. We are running a DLE-35 in it.

First he cut and covered some thin ply with slots in it very similar to the panels on the bottom of the 50/100cc'ers. It still got a bit warm.

So during the break-in we ran it with the holes just cut out like you said and kept opening up the cowl in front of the engine til we got the temp below 250 in flight.

Now he has built some reverse scoops to fit the same holes that create vacuum to draw air through the cowl.

It has over a gallon of fuel through it and the rearward scoops seem the best option for maintaining a scale appearance and keeping your engine cool.

I'll see if I can get Arnold to shoot some pics of them tomorrow to post up for you.

Fred

RC4x4

30cc
Got some cool flights on my B-Foot today. It was nice and warm and time to have some fun. I'm using a Motrofly 4330/310 kv spinning a Xoar 20x8 prop on 8s 4400mah packs. I was getting 9 minute flights. WOW! I'm not on the throttle like the 3d plane I had it in, so I'm impressed with the flight times. I got quite a bit of attention with it and everyone liked it!
I met a new guy at the field that was shooting a bunch of pictures. These are in flight pictures. He's putting them all on a cd for me, and I'll post them later this week when I get them. There's some cool KE ones and one wheel touch and goes.
I was having a blast. Totally different than the 3d / aerobatic planes I usually fly. Tried some rolling harrier's which were cool but wrong with this type plane. One guy said, never seen a high wing do rolling harrier's. I said, yep, I know.

Cory

Bivens

50cc
I just used the openings on the vented plate in front of the gear....and it's been working GREAT for me on my GT33 so far!