• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

88" 30% Sbach 300 ARF V2!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The planes are built really strong... a little heavier than 3dhs but not really overbuilt. I crashed my 30cc slick a few weeks ago and the CF landing gear broke... no fuse damage. Totally unreal.

The designs are pretty good and getting better all the time. The hardware package is really nice for a low cost airframe. CF gear, wing tube, dual ball links for all surfaces. The ball links are better than what is provided in 3dhs kits IMO as they actually turn freely.

The negative: the wing tube tends to be a little loose fitting. I can't see any negative effects from it but I am used to a tighter fit. The pre-hinged control surfaces were too tight. I had to cut my elevators off and re-hinge to get my desired 50* of deflection. My slick flies like it is on rails but does not wad up in the tumbles as much as I am used to on some other planes. Knife edge spins are really great looking, harrier is stable, KE requires very little mixing. Removable stabs on 30cc planes feel a little loose/squishy. I plan to permanently attach mine to the fuse some time this season to get more rigidity.

I had the 30cc yak before this slick and found it to be a poor post-stall performer but it was a great precision/sport plane. If you want to do hard core 3d steer clear of that one. If you like high energy tumbles and a lightning fast roll rate it is a lot of fun. They have room for improvement but they have demonstrated that they are listening and the planes are getting better and better.

Overall, you are getting a pretty nice plane for the price. I think they are a great value and plenty of fun to fly without any real bad habits.

Aerobeez customer service is really good. I had a mix up where they accidentally mixed my package up so it went somewhere else. They noticed it before I did and were very proactive about resolving the issue in an efficient manner. A big one for me also, when I called they answered the phone. To me they have demonstrated that they are committed to quality and service and it will just get better with time.