• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've got a smoke muffler installed on my EME60. It's a regular side dump muffler with the smoke fitting. Haven't installed the pump and tank yet, but hopefully soon. Everyone keeps warning me how messy it is :(

I got a slimline smoke muffler coming but Im afraid Im gonna be waiting for a month on that. Nobody has them instock and I backordered from chief but slimline doesnt even have a ETA on them. Im thinking about putting the stock on for now but its gonna be a pain when I do get the slimline because my cut out in my cowl is gonna be wrong.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got a slimline smoke muffler coming but Im afraid Im gonna be waiting for a month on that. Nobody has them instock and I backordered from chief but slimline doesnt even have a ETA on them. Im thinking about putting the stock on for now but its gonna be a pain when I do get the slimline because my cut out in my cowl is gonna be wrong.

Which engine did you get? I saw your DLE-55 for sale on FG

Nope, the EME60 I have doesn't have the ring, and so far it's working well.
I got mine with the bowman ring installed for 380$ so I am pretty happy with that. I'm kinda curious what the performance difference would be stock vs bowman ring on this engine.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got mine with the bowman ring installed for 380$ so I am pretty happy with that. I'm kinda curious what the performance difference would be stock vs bowman ring on this engine.

I think the performance is similar, it'll just break in and the ring will seat a little quicker?

Well one thing we know a bowman ring sure isnt going to hurt anything:) Ya I decided the 55 wasnt quite gonna pull a plane this weight around very well. Somehow I got side tracked from the 89" Slick to this plane:)

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Just fired up my EME 60 yesterday on the 91 Extra. It took 4 flops on choke, pop! Then 3 more flops and it fired up! I ran close to a 20oz tank threw it on the ground. I barely had to tweak the needles to achieve smooth idle, transition, and top end. Not to shabby in my opinion. I hope to maiden it sometime this week. I might run at least another tank on the ground first.

Just fired up my EME 60 yesterday on the 91 Extra. It took 4 flops on choke, pop! Then 3 more flops and it fired up! I ran close to a 20oz tank threw it on the ground. I barely had to tweak the needles to achieve smooth idle, transition, and top end. Not to shabby in my opinion. I hope to maiden it sometime this week. I might run at least another tank on the ground first.
Let us know how it goes! You running a pipe? :D