• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

What Gary said. Sleep on it but most of all decide what you want and make that happen. For what it is worth I waited a year to make my 87" happen.
well said! :peace:
Just my 2 cents here on the motors and not trying to change your mind or put anyone down, just something for you to consider. So I have been flying RC since 1971 and through out that time there have always been products that were high quality and sought after and substitutes that did the job pretty good and cost less.

I remember my first quality motor, a Webra speed .61. I was flying an Enya .60 in the day and I was happy with it and in fact it cost about half the cost but when I got the Webra I was on cloud 9. When I bought my DA-60 it was because it was a DA-60 and yes it has uber power and yes DA has the best service. You never throw away money when you buy quality. I don't know what planes you fly but many hear as I do limit my planes to 3DHS and Extreme Flight, and there is a reason. There are many planes out there for half the cost and some say they fly "almost as good". Research and set your mind to what you "really" want and wait and save for it and I mean that whether you want a DLE, EME or DA but decide what you "really" want and wait to get what you want. You will be much happier in the long run. Don't make concessions based on cost, I know because I have and most of the time it costs you more.
Well said.
For what it's worth I could have bought 2 Powerlab 8's for all of the crappy charges I have had. Once I tried Motrolfly motors I found out "why" as well.

I can't afford the DA, if I want my plane done this year, and I'm getting my EME on an amazing deal. So I'll upgrade to the DA after a yearish

m0dest

30cc
Well I have a question... I don't have the money for the DA right now but I could afford a EME. Would you save up for the DA and let the plane set for awhile or just go with the EME now? I cant decide what is gonna be my best bet here.

IMG_0035.jpg

That's pretty much what I did. 3 months basically is what it looks like it's going to take me.
THe weather sucks up here right now anyway. The 60" extra will have to suffice.

Its hard to see a new plane sit in your shop without a engine:) Maybe I will do the same thing and get the EME and sell it if I think it needs the DA later on...

Diggity

70cc twin V2
Mac Attack, here is my 2 cents as well. The way I look at it is this: I have had or currently have a 89 Slick, 104 Slick , 103 Extra, 88 Edge, 87 Extra, and 91 Extra. All of my planes have DLE's in them and the 91 has the new EME60. The DLE's are quality motors and realiable at a affordable price. The only feedback I can give on the EME60 is that is very affordable as well. (Brand new). I can honestly say that I can afford a DA motor. But if I did decide to go DA, I wouldn't be able to have my choice of some pretty sick birds. 89,104,103,91,88,87. So what I'm saying is, by me. buying DLE or EME, this allows me to fly all these different types of airframes. Going DA would cut my fleet in half.

m0dest

30cc
300 bones isn't that much if you consider the total cost of the airframe, servos, hardware/accessories, batteries, exhaust etc..

I figure if you plan on getting a DA, skimping on the motor now you'll be able to put that towards servos or exhaust and it'll most likely prove to be an investment down the road if/when you get a DA60.
You'll have cash or another engine for your next plane. Or you could wait;). Good things do come.

The way I look at it you need to add the cost of the header to that engine. It's not going to be a clean swap out to a DA. You'll need another header so that closes the gap another 80.00 after shipping. Standoffs too. Granted you plan on running a pipe or cans

Last edited by a moderator:
Well right now Im gonna run a pitts. The blazing star mount for the da 60 fits the eme 60 also so that would be real nice if I would change it out... How much performance difference is there Pitts exhaust vs a pipe?

m0dest

30cc
Well right now Im gonna run a pitts. The blazing star mount for the da 60 fits the eme 60 also so that would be real nice if I would change it out... How much performance difference is there Pitts exhaust vs a pipe?

I can't tell you from experience but after a bunch of lurking and searching on FG,

A tuned pipe has the most power over stock exhaust by few hundred RPM.(KS1060) RE2 supposedly has better midrange performance but both are peaky, so more for precision than if you are a hucker.

Stock Pitts Mufflers don't do a whole lot but you can run smoke!!:banana: and they have a linear throttle response.

Cans are for silencing but ProFlows are apparently in a class of their own.
More RPM and torque and rad midrange response.

I went proflows since they seem to give the best of both worlds. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive heard of guys actually losing rpm on a cheap pitts exhaust. Im going with the slimline pitts because supposedly those are pretty good... And yea Im kinda planning on sticking smoke on it a little later on. Its just too messy to run smoke on cans huh?

m0dest

30cc
Ive heard of guys actually losing rpm on a cheap pitts exhaust. Im going with the slimline pitts because supposedly those are pretty good... And yea Im kinda planning on sticking smoke on it a little later on. Its just too messy to run smoke on cans huh?

I don't know enough about running smoke. I'd like to play around with it a bit later on. Maybe a different airframe.
Smoke looks rad though...gives it that nice scale touch.