• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

91" Extra 300-EXP ARF

gyro

GSN Contributor
no way, i think its a great prop for this setup, I read the 24x9 rips way to bad on the 60 RE2 pipe so i went with the 10 pitch.

I need a 24x10 for mine too... It was ripping the crap out of that 24x9 after only a gallon!

Anyway, back to the 91. Thanks for giving me the pull on it really enjoying finally trying a piped engine :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
I need a 24x10 for mine too... It was ripping the crap out of that 24x9 after only a gallon!

Anyway, back to the 91. Thanks for giving me the pull on it really enjoying finally trying a piped engine :)

No problem, lot of guys don't like piped planes, takes some getting use to and good throttle management. Typically a simple throttle curve helps. I'm finding this set up is not very touchy and once use to it, I love it. Header length is the most important part. To long of a header and your top end suffers, to short and its like an on/off switch and way to much top end, almost impossible to get low and slow.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I only have about 150 flights on mine with a DA-60/RE2 with the Mej 24-10 and 24-10TH. The 24-10 is slightly quieter than the 24-10TH. It is a great plane, and has supplanted my 104 AJS as the "go to" plane all year. It has been a super combination, and has been very, very reliable all year.

Last edited by a moderator: