• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" Extreme Flight Extra

I typically set up 2 rates. One that I fly in most of the time with huge 3d deflections and 40-50% expo. Then another with much lower rates and less deflection. I use the lower rates when practicing IMAC, but even with the IMAC flying I do I typically use the high rates.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
And forget what I said on my previous post. My Extra rudder IS push pull. It's my Yak that is pull pull. I'm getting my threads confused.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I've spent the last few evenings going over this plane and now it's ready! Tomorrow's forecast is for winds gusting to 60mph though!!!!!! [emoji35][emoji35] I've got most of the fuel out of the wood under the tank and tightened up the fittings in this crapitude tank. PSP FITTINGS ARE IN ORDER! I leak tested the tank in a tub of water and installed it again for test running the engine.
What are your all up weights? I've got a refrigerant scale that's fairly accurate and it's saying 21.6 lbs. I've got 2 headers and ES pipes though so hopefully it's not out of line.
The motor is an early serial number, 0054, and I'm thinking about sending it in this winter to have DA go over it, just to be sure.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Mine was about a pound less than yours with stock wings and only a couple ounces less than yours after I made my own wings (with DA70). Really miss that plane now that I sold it. I like the MXS but nothing makes you giggle like winding that Extra up into a tiny ball in the air and it loves every second of it.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I finally got a break in the weather and headed out this afternoon to put my first flight on my 91 extra. This is my first DA and I gotta say that it is an awesome motor. Starts easy and runs like a dream and pulls like a mule! I only got 3 short flights on it, but it's a definite keeper! It tracks better than anything I've ever flown and I actually pushed it into a knife edge spin that was somewhat violent. [emoji1]
I'm not too keen on the Savox 1270's that are in it though. They have quite a bit of slop in the gear train. Seems like they've got a bit even when new? I may be switching them out sometime for something like 777's. I'd like to try Hitec's 8380 or 8385 but they're quite a bit more money.
Thoughts?

For weighing 21.5 lbs it flies extremely well. It's quite floaty still but is fairly solid in a harrier and lands extremely easy.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have a close friend who I wish would finally get off his arse and put his 91 into action.......BUT......I can't really complain because it has been a very long time getting my DA70 powered plane into action:deadhorse:.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Went up to a event in Fairbanks and in between rain storms a buddy was able to get footage of me getting my 91" Extra's tail wet.

Sure is fun times! I'm in the middle of recovering mine, and about now I wish I had another one so I could keep flying!