Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" SkyWing ARS 300 Assembly Thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by AKNick, Sep 16, 2019.

1. AKNick

AKNick 150cc

Alaska
    Got three more flights in today before work with the new ignition module, opened cowl and tunnel.

F51F216C-5CD9-4085-A14B-E474FFC46BEE.jpeg

My engine ran great just like the old ignition. I went to lean the LSN as suggested and noticed my needle moves with very little effort. Hmmm. So I tweaked it a bit. Didn’t sound a whole lot different, did three minor adjustments and noticed my transition was starting to get that little baby hesitation again so I richened it a tad. I also richened the HSN a tiny bit. Using Terry’s Engine Tuning guide I would say it’s running correctly.
    In flight just under half throttle and above the temps climb again. Hovers around 275F but rip roaring around it after a couple laps temps are shooting to 300 and well above if I let it.... the only thing I want to try now is an air dump for the cabin somewhere. As when I open the canopy there is a lot of heat inside. #2 likes to run hot.

082E3538-FEDD-4433-959A-84C5BAEC98D5.jpeg 1CA54690-CF34-417A-86D8-A820E3EEF5AE.jpeg

Oh and it froze last night fellas....

-Rick- and Snoopy1 like this.