• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

91" SkyWing ARS 300 Assembly Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think I'd try to find some exhaust extensions. Otherwise you're going to have one hell of a mess inside the cowl.

Maybe like one of these.

https://www.spotonrc.com/product-page/exhaust-extension-20-2mm-0-79in

Or these. Which ever fits.
https://www.spotonrc.com/product-page/exhaust-extension-15-2mm-0-60in

I was talking with Tim @ NWRC, and he showed me a picture of his, it looked the same, and the exhaust all escaped out just fine to my surprise! His picture showed just a tiny bit of residue around the circumference. SO I may just leave it alone, and maybe build up a little glass/epoxy around that hole so it doesn't have a free path to the inside.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I was talking with Tim @ NWRC, and he showed me a picture of his, it looked the same, and the exhaust all escaped out just fine to my surprise! His picture showed just a tiny bit of residue around the circumference. SO I may just leave it alone, and maybe build up a little glass/epoxy around that hole so it doesn't have a free path to the inside.
Sounds like a game plan. Can always add extensions later if needed.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Interesting I would have thought that would have made a mess inside and on the outside of the cowl. Be interesting to see what you think.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Setting up the tail.
Rudder Control Horn inner hole is 1.5” and the servo arm is 1.5” fun fact... if you set up your dual rates and leave it on low rates you’ll chase your tail wondering why you don’t have the throws.... duh!

2” elevator arms, 1.75” hole. Lowest hole on the elevator control horn is 1.5”

Made my condition 1 also known as normal... renamed it to SEND IT! Ha ha

D4D29152-FE55-4B71-81AE-22E8ECCBD72E.jpeg

BalsaDust

Yeah that's pretty sweet. I have been looking into getting both a CNC router setup as well as a small benchtop 3D printer. Figure I have asked my flying buddy with a printer enough now to print stuff for me that I should learn to do it myself. Looking at the Ender3 currently as its cheap and seems to get really good reviews.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yeah that's pretty sweet. I have been looking into getting both a CNC router setup as well as a small benchtop 3D printer. Figure I have asked my flying buddy with a printer enough now to print stuff for me that I should learn to do it myself. Looking at the Ender3 currently as its cheap and seems to get really good reviews.

I have the Ender 3 and the CR-10S. The ender 3 is a small CR10. It’s a perfect size for what we do. I would definitely recommend it. Lots of online help and upgrades for it. But it prints great right out of the box.