• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 92" aeroplus edge from pro-rc

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Thanks to Lorne at pro-Rc for the use of his engine stand header hype pipe and hype can.
On the hype pipe
24/8 cf falcon
13.5" 7070
13 " 7170
12.5" 7280
12" 7320
11.5" 7400
11" 7490
10.5 didn't do because it was not good on the 25/8 wide and it's too much rpm for the motor.
25/8wide cf falcon
13.5" 6800
13" 6830
12.5" 6880
12" 6910
11.5" 6980
11" 6985 like the other motors seems to be best running here.
10.5" 7000 sounded bad peaky.
Usually the 24/9 is a couple hundred less then the 24/8 so I would say it would be in the 7200 range

Now that this is done I can start the assemble don't plan on flying it this fall so this will be a slow progress lol

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Most of what I need

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 278

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Got the servos in the ailerons and elevators tonight. Using some bling secraft ball links.
Take note that their fuses come with the covering cut out for your servo wires anti rotation pins and wing bolts.
The fire wall already has a couple cut outs for throttle linkage and fuel tubing, don't know if they line up yet.
Not a full pipe tunnel. So mods will be needed as I'm going full bore on the motor. A lot of pilot arfs are like this. If they would make a full tunnel it would be a 10/10 arf this makes it a 9.5/10
Carbon rods run down the bottom of the fuse.
Pin style rudder attachment. Since this is a replacement fuse I have to glue the fuse side of the hinges in. Pretty minor.
Biggest elevators and ailerons on any arf probably out there. There's almost no stab. On the 100cc arfs the aileron is almost half the wing lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 273

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Got home before the wife today and glued the rudder hinges in the new fuse(I had wings and elev from another plane not mine. And got a new fuse. Normally the rudder is glued already and you just have to drop the pin in) drilled the motor mounts out. And was checking to see if I have to flip the carb and that's when I found out there is only one pulse port so I can't flip the carb. I hate mounting a servo way up in the fuse lol. And I grabbed some new wheels on the way home. Well wife's home parenting time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 285

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
after the little one went to bed I got the motor mounted and header cut. Dry fit the pipe. Still have to pin it and glue in a mount. Bit of work to shoe horn the pipe in, but do it carefully and it works. You can see what I had to cut out to make the pipe fit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 285

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I LIKE those wheels! Nice! From what I can gather Terry is disappointed because his engine started rattling internally. You experiencing any "unusual noise or vibration" ??? The Numbers above show promise for the engine but I think maybe production might have some wrinkles to get ironed out. Assembly looking good.