• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

93” AJ Airplanes 93” Laser 230z ready to ship!

rodman

50cc
Hey Guys
I received mine within a few days of placing the order, I didn't expect it to arrive so quickly
extremely well packed, Quality of the airframe is one of the best I've seen, very well thought out.
assembly is fast everything fits together the way it should
I have had only minor issues so far, and have it 90% completed in just a weekend.
Now I'm just waiting for the 2 in to 1 headers for the DA70 to become available and then I'll be all set.

As a rule I never buy a first generation airplane, but knowing the airplanes that AJ has designed
in the past I decided to take the risk and buy one anyway.
So far I am not disappointed one bit by the build, and if fly's as well as it went together then its a winner.
Thank you to the AJ aircraft team.

rodman

50cc
Only issues I had were
1: lander gear cuff did not fit perfect, have a gap where they meet the fuselage on top no matter which way mounted them.
this could easily be fixed by removing the rubber mounting strip and sanding the bottom where it meets the fuse.
2: there was a minor dent in the top of the Cowl again easily fixed by pushing out the dent and warming the fiberglass
with a hair dryer.
3: the threads on one of the aileron control linkage were all buggered up and useless I replaced it with one I had.

Everything else was great, normally I would be sanding the servo mounts to get my Futaba servos to fit
or opening up the servo arm holes in the elevator so the arms will clear
Everything fit nicely and reduced my build time, the added fiberglass tube running from the radio compartment
to the tail was great time saver in routing my servo wires.
I would like to see a fiberglass cowl baffle offered for the DA 70 this would further reduce build if I
had something I could just glue in.
All in all I am very pleased with the airplane and can't wait for the snow to melt so I can try it out
I'll try to get some pictures posted of it.
Thanks again.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
73 and 93 showed up the other day. Have a DA-70 going in the 93", a VVRC
HPIM3830.JPG
HPIM3833.JPG
40 in the 73". 73" is about done. Hope to have the 93" done in a couple more days. The 93"Laser fuse is huge. Just a long as a 33%.

HornetNZ

50cc
I've assembled mine many times in my head too. My problem is, I've GOT the plane, but I DON'T have the time or room on my build table yet. Grrr.