• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Aero Tech 35% Velox Custom Build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Did a little research on coring there is basically two ways of doing it the octagon or the triangle cut outs this is the best way to control loading distribution and not end up with concentration factors. The tow attached show how it is done one is normal and the second one takes it to extreme. Just something to look at.
F7FF6472-E2CE-4974-8DE6-64E666267CDD.jpeg
CFDD0BD8-D006-4235-950C-8E953F839281.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Did a little research on coring there is basically two ways of doing it the octagon or the triangle cut outs this is the best way to control loading distribution and not end up with concentration factors. The tow attached show how it is done one is normal and the second one takes it to extreme. Just something to look at.
View attachment 100937 View attachment 100938

The 2nd photo was one of the core jobs I was thinking about. :applause:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 100937 View attachment 100938
Guess I would have a "LOT" to learn about the new way of building these days. This to me would be more work than I really would want to bite off. Plus, is it really that strong once it is sheeted?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is not as strong but if you do core the foam you need to do carbon strips to reinforce the wing. If you look at the top wing the person has started to add carbon fibre strips.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey fellas... not really as much time lately to work on the Velox as I had hoped. My littlest just bought her first home and Daddy has been helping her get a few things done before she moves in on the 1st. Quite the New Year gift for herself. I am so proud of her. Anyway, I will be getting back to the Velox this weekend. The Covering contest winner will be announced tomorrow so that iron will be out of the fire. That is until I start ordering covering and stripping the 330. Till then, I am going to spend a little time on the Velox build. Thanks everyone for being patient and for understanding.

Hey fellas... not really as much time lately to work on the Velox as I had hoped. My littlest just bought her first home and Daddy has been helping her get a few things done before she moves in on the 1st. Quite the New Year gift for herself. I am so proud of her. Anyway, I will be getting back to the Velox this weekend. The Covering contest winner will be announced tomorrow so that iron will be out of the fire. That is until I start ordering covering and stripping the 330. Till then, I am going to spend a little time on the Velox build. Thanks everyone for being patient and for understanding.
we miss your Velox build my friend