• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Congrats, and good luck! Let me know if you need any help/advice. This plane is soooooo smooth on electric :D

Thank you, I probably will have some questions. After 7 3DHS planes it was definitely time to try something different. I was trying to stay away from EF, since my club seems to be full of EF Fanboys, nothing wrong with that, but I like being different.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Finished today, maiden sometime this week. Looks incredible, the red really pops. Build was pretty straightforward, nice kit, ever thing seems to fit great. Looks like it will balance with the 6S 6200 in the middle of the tray.

Attachments

• 71a.jpg
    71a.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 275

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Successful maiden of the 71 today. Only needed a couple clicks of trim and remarkably I had the battery spot on for the CG. I only got 2 flights in as it was pretty windy this morning (windy for a new plane). I need to play with the rates a bit the low rate roll was VERY fast the pitch and yaw felt good, I haven't had a chance to put the SFG's on since I ran out of 3mm screws. So far so good :D

Yes we fly with palm trees and the bay in the background :cool:

71c.jpg

aronph

70cc twin V2
Sweet. Couple things....you can cut out the servo bays in the side of the fuze and put in standard size servos? Has everyone done this? What will that do to balance if I have a Motrolfly 4330 400kv with 6S 5000 packs? I plan on using an 18x8 prop. Is that ok?

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Sweet. Couple things....you can cut out the servo bays in the side of the fuze and put in standard size servos? Has everyone done this? What will that do to balance if I have a Motrolfly 4330 400kv with 6S 5000 packs? I plan on using an 18x8 prop. Is that ok?

See the setup description in this video. I hope it helps.

[video=youtube;PN0tss1JDD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0tss1JDD0[/video]

@GYRO do you know what the kv of the motor in the video is?

I believe it was set up with standard size savox 1270 servos.

gyro

GSN Contributor
It's a 4330-380kv on 6s, spinning a 20x10. Used a few different servos during her time as we tested some prototype leopard HV servos in there at one point. Finally ended up with Savox SC-1268 servos in there, and yes, they were installed all around. The elevator servo slots can easily be trimmed for standard servos, and helped it balance very easily with the 6s5000mah packs.

@aronph, you'll probably want at lowest an 18x10, but really a 19x10 or 20x8 on that 400kv wind. The 18x8 will be anemic.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I built this plane last summer, 4330 400Kv, 20x10 Xoar, Standard size XQ Power servos all around. Running 6S 6200, it's not a powerhouse by any stretch, but it flies great, I love this plane. Balances with the pack centered on the tray. It was easy to open up the servos slots for the standard size servos.

PM me if you have any other questions.