• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Bipenut53

150cc
Ok I did the maiden on that airplane that the vvrc 21cc engine is on and it is fairly quiet, certainly no louder than a two stroke glow engine in fact it is quieter because I could still hear those over my engine noise....Hope that helps

lexsportsman

New to GSN!
First, I want to say that Aerobeez customer service is awesome! I sent pictures of the cracked cowl on Thursday afternoon, my new cowl went out on Friday and arrived this morning. I haven't even taken the plane home from my office yet!

I am now considering going with the 5565s on the Elevator and Ailerons and saving a little money. Except for the 'centering' problems that I read about they seem like a great servo for the price and a lot more reasonable than the 7955s for a plane like this. I had one 7955 die on an aileron of my 30% Slick 540 after about 10 flights. (I realized it on the ground so no damage, but I would love to know why the servo died.) I bought a pair of 7955s and will replace both of the aileron servos on the Slick (I guess this means I'm anal) and I think I'll use the remaining 7955 on the rudder of the 20% MXS-R.

I have seen baffles for the DLE 20RA and have read that they do make the motor quieter at the cost of about 200 rpms. However, I can't offer any personal experience with them. I have been running a lot of electric since getting back into the hobby. I have decided that I will do gas or electric, but I'm going to avoid getting back into nitro. My wife has been watching me fly the smaller stuff for the past couple of years and it wasn't until she saw the Slick 540 with the DLE 55 fly that she understood the passion. After putting on a pretty good show for her and a friend of hers the other week, she looked at me and said, "OK, I get it now." However, I don't think that realization is going to help me on the spending side of things.

lexsportsman

New to GSN!
Just put the maiden flight on my MXS-R last night. I went with the gas setup, DLE 20RA, and it flies awesome. I didn't spend as much time as I normally do with the setup of my expo, differential, etc., yet. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how well it performed. I don't know if it's going to have as much power to weight ratio as my Slick 540 with the DLE 55, but I'm not sure if that is really a fair comparison considering how light the Slick is built. The MXS-R is built tough while not being heavy.

I was quite pleased with the build and all the hardware. The tank is one of the few things I switched out. I put the rudder servo in the tail instead of messing with the pull/pull system. I also added a layer of 1/16 plywood around the 'firewall' at the base of the engine box. This area was cut out and I wanted to seal this area since I'm running the gas setup. I painted a layer of finishing epoxy around the entire engine area and inside the plane back to the wing tube. (It's not as much as it sounds) Doing the choke was a challenge on the DLE 20, but I'm pleased with my results. I was worried that I was going to be a little tail heavy, but when I was finished it was right on the recommended CG. Maybe 1/4" back from the book. That is, without fuel in the 16oz tank that I used. I will probably never see much less than a half tank left after any flight.

All-in-all, I love this plane. The further along a got through my build, the more and more we liked it. (My dad and I. He's 71 and I'm 41.) I wanted it to have something smaller than my 50cc but still be 'nice' gasser. Well, Aerobeez knocked this one out of the park!

Carroll

IMG_5858.JPG

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Just put the maiden flight on my MXS-R last night. I went with the gas setup, DLE 20RA, and it flies awesome. I didn't spend as much time as I normally do with the setup of my expo, differential, etc., yet. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how well it performed. I don't know if it's going to have as much power to weight ratio as my Slick 540 with the DLE 55, but I'm not sure if that is really a fair comparison considering how light the Slick is built. The MXS-R is built tough while not being heavy.

I was quite pleased with the build and all the hardware. The tank is one of the few things I switched out. I put the rudder servo in the tail instead of messing with the pull/pull system. I also added a layer of 1/16 plywood around the 'firewall' at the base of the engine box. This area was cut out and I wanted to seal this area since I'm running the gas setup. I painted a layer of finishing epoxy around the entire engine area and inside the plane back to the wing tube. (It's not as much as it sounds) Doing the choke was a challenge on the DLE 20, but I'm pleased with my results. I was worried that I was going to be a little tail heavy, but when I was finished it was right on the recommended CG. Maybe 1/4" back from the book. That is, without fuel in the 16oz tank that I used. I will probably never see much less than a half tank left after any flight.

All-in-all, I love this plane. The further along a got through my build, the more and more we liked it. (My dad and I. He's 71 and I'm 41.) I wanted it to have something smaller than my 50cc but still be 'nice' gasser. Well, Aerobeez knocked this one out of the park!

Carroll

View attachment 36497

[MENTION=3845]lexsportsman[/MENTION] Thank you so much for the support! We have more planes coming out this year and much more to come.

Cheers
Team Aerobeez

I want to know if Somebody have a video of a GAS version of this bird?? If you guy know about one, can you please share the link...
This will be my next project
Thanks