• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Man the 55 on 6s seems crazy! I just need to get a motor for mine. I think I'm just going 4s. I have too many planes sharing my 6s pack already

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Man the 55 on 6s seems crazy! I just need to get a motor for mine. I think I'm just going 4s. I have too many planes sharing my 6s pack already

A buddy of mine had his set up with the power system of the 3DHS 51 Slick. Flew good but seemed a bit under powered. The motor on mine (the one Xpress flew) is putting out 1000 watts on 6S 2700 with a 14x7 prop, yes, it's more than enough power.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440420243.433559.jpg. Got some fresh Thunder Powers for my Slick! I've Slowly converting over to thunder power only for batteries and now I'm complete!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So I just had some weird thing happen. Took off with first flight of the day and was motoring around about half throttle and all the sudden the motor stopped and I couldn't get it to spin back up. So I landed and checked my packs and still had about 80% on both packs. I plugged it back in and tried the throttle again and it just sputters, like it wants to start but doesn't. This is on a Motrofly DM 4330-216Kv with a Mezon 90 on 12S. Anyone have an idea why or what would cause this. Everything else works normal. Air temp is 70F nothing felt hot all connections are good, there was no warning it just stopped.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Is it stuttering and twitching back and forth? Hopefully you just have a cold solder joint. Check all your connections. Give it a little throttle and wiggle you bullet connectors and see if it fires up. Hopefully you didn't throw a magnet on the motor. And 12s on a 70" plane!? You're crazy!!!!.......but a good crazy.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah Im about to go out and recheck all my connections. And yes Im a bit crazy...This sucker is a beast with this setup bra and still light. With the cortex on it has pin point accuracy at any orientation and speed. A true pleasure to fly.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] it sounds like you have a loose connection between the esc and the motor. If they are solder joints you should do them again. If you are using bullets I would recommend changing them out for direct solder connections.