• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 90" Extra 330SC (50cc)

I have mucked around a bit with mine. Got the wings all done and the elevators setup. I ran the pull pull wire, but then I got distracted with my trailer and my other project which is going Nall and this plane is more than likely not (I only have room for 3 giants including Patrick's). The engine install is next and always seems to take me forever. I have to drill out the EME mount holes to accommodate 1/4 20 bolts which is what the Blazing star mount is drilled for and make a structural fix to fit the RE2 into the fuse. The stinger hits a former underneath the rudder servo. I can't wait to see what a 6800 RPM 24x10TH does with this airframe. I might try the Falcon 23x10 and get the revs up.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Went out today on a windy afternoon and got some more flying in on the 90 Extra with the DLE55.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398196565.632303.jpg

She flew great... I really like the gas performance. Needed about 2oz of weight added to the nose with my setup. If you're using LiIon or LiFe batts, mount them up in the cowl on the motorbox and you won't need any extra weight.

Well, every airframe has a life span, some sooner than others:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398196498.570438.jpg

This was the first 50cc size plane I built with a 16oz tank in it, and it's definitely the last.
I ran out of fuel and deadsticked AS I was coming around to land. In the strong winds, I didn't have enough altitude to dump the nose and pick up speed, so I landed flat from about 35ft.

The motorbox broke and the fuse split behind the rudder tray. The landing gear and mounting block are fine.
I repeat: the landing gear and mounting block are fine. Aerobeez built this planes gear to survive those less than perfect landings, and this one would have if the forward speed was more than 5mph.

What a sad day for such a fun plane!

3DMad5

50cc
Went out today on a windy afternoon and got some more flying in on the 90 Extra with the DLE55.
View attachment 22729

She flew great... I really like the gas performance. Needed about 2oz of weight added to the nose with my setup. If you're using LiIon or LiFe batts, mount them up in the cowl on the motorbox and you won't need any extra weight.

Well, every airframe has a life span, some sooner than others:
View attachment 22728

This was the first 50cc size plane I built with a 16oz tank in it, and it's definitely the last.
I ran out of fuel and deadsticked AS I was coming around to land. In the strong winds, I didn't have enough altitude to dump the nose and pick up speed, so I landed flat from about 35ft.

The motorbox broke and the fuse split behind the rudder tray. The landing gear and mounting block are fine.
I repeat: the landing gear and mounting block are fine. Aerobeez built this planes gear to survive those less than perfect landings, and this one would have if the forward speed was more than 5mph.

What a sad day for such a fun plane!

That doesn't look so bad... All the same, I know the frustrations of a crash, especially on a fairly new plane.

gyro

GSN Contributor
tell me you are going to repair it!

Doubtful. The motorbox is toothpicks, and the fuse is pretty damaged where it split... Lots more damage than the picture posted shows. And of course, it'll need a new cowl and canopy.

I'll probably put the wings, stabs, and rudder aside, and see if a fuse is available from Aerobeez later this year, we'll see.

Ah geez. Maybe I should order up some more 32 oz tanks. I am going to change my 92 to one as I was only getting 7 mins with a 16 ounce. There are not very good options in 20 ounce clear tanks. The 2 wrong way sells are based on smart water round bottles. I have one in my 88 and I used triangle stock to get it to not roll around.

D-Man

30cc
Doubtful. The motorbox is toothpicks, and the fuse is pretty damaged where it split... Lots more damage than the picture posted shows. And of course, it'll need a new cowl and canopy.

I'll probably put the wings, stabs, and rudder aside, and see if a fuse is available from Aerobeez later this year, we'll see.

Sorry to see this Gyro!!!

Hey, Just out of curiosity... how long was this flight?
I ask because I've been flying 50cc planes with 500ml (17oz) Figi water bottle fuel tanks for 3 years.
Usually Come down after 10-12 min flight with a good 35% left in the tank.

Again sorry for your misfortune!!
D-Man

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry to see this Gyro!!!

Hey, Just out of curiosity... how long was this flight?
I ask because I've been flying 50cc planes with 500ml (17oz) Figi water bottle fuel tanks for 3 years.
Usually Come down after 10-12 min flight with a good 35% left in the tank.

Again sorry for your misfortune!!
D-Man

Thanks... :(

I had my timer set for 10, but I landed twice during the flight to adjust the carb needles, so I didn't get a accurate count. I guess I'm used to my other 50cc which has the 20oz wwrc tank in it.

I guess I just like the insurance... Nothing against the smaller tanks if the timer is set right, but I suppose I need to be consistent across all my planes.