• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 35cc / 76" Edge 540 from Limitless Aero

bobmic

New to GSN!
I just ordered the plane and looking for motor recommendations. I want to set it up for 10S and I know the Motrofly 4330-255kv will be a good choice but beside the cost there is no stock and will take about a month till I get it. Any other recommendations? How is the rimfire 1.60 compared (I noticed that the Axi 5330 seems quite similar to the rimfire)?
I've found a scorpion S4035-250Kv in a LHS but I read some bad reviews about these motors. Second - what is the recommended CG based on flying experience you guys have with this plane.

Thank you.

oliviersmoo

New to GSN!
I am flying the DUALSKY XMOTOR XM6355DA-12 with a 20x10 XOAR an another plane, but it was in this edge before. I am reading around 67 Amps with 10S 4200 on a Castle Edge 80HV (with good cooling for the Castle). I tried that in the AP Edge 76. Very good choice. But the best choice for me is a LeomotionL9019-220 on a 21x10 or a 20,5x12 wide from Falcon CFK. I might try the 22x10 XOAR too. I will try out that and measure. The L9019-220 keeps very cool with a 21x10. Its a inrunner without a gearbox. It fits the Motorbox of a Edge 76 EX (thats the golden-red-black-silver one).

Slow and Steady

New to GSN!
It seams that MIle High RC is the new vendor for this plane. Limitless's site appears to be limited to MVVS engines?? Any long term quality issues?