• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

gyro

GSN Contributor
Switch, status lights, fuel dot, name.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400816135.916488.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400816144.833878.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400816153.571907.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary - what are the two status lights for?

One is the on/off light from the tech aero IBEF, the other is a LED I add when using a spektrum ar9110 rx, and I just plug into the rx so I can see if there is electrical power on the airplane.

Got the cowl done :)
Per Kole's recommendation, I simply enlarged the lower cowl scoop. The alignment is slightly off, I'll add a washer or two next time it's off. Not bad enough now to bother me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400857377.332479.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400857412.318907.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400857455.565955.jpg

Using some custom standoffs from [MENTION=24]cmala[/MENTION] (customstandoffs.com) my spinner gap came out nice!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400857525.688587.jpg

SnowDog

Very nice spinner gap for sure! you might want to mention the length of the standoffs for others benefit?

Also, can you show some pics of the air exit area so we can see how you handled that part of the venting?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very nice spinner gap for sure! you might want to mention the length of the standoffs for others benefit?

Also, can you show some pics of the air exit area so we can see how you handled that part of the venting?

I'd have to measure next time the cowl is off. They are standoffs that used to be on my 3dhs 92" Edge. I also added a washer to them.

I might take you up on that!

Let me know! you know how to get a hold of me :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
She's all done except the fuel tank.

Just ordered a new [MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION] 3-line 20oz fuel tank and fuel line to finish the plane. Maiden will be at the Austin 3DBash.

Meanwhile I made up two tubs of salsa for our home field fun fly two days this weekend. The only non fresh ingredients are black and green olives.... Anyone near Daytona Beach - Flagler Beach area please stop on by... There is going to be some hot weather and good times this weekend.

Sorry for the thread hijack...