• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroplus 60cc / 92" Edge 540 V3 from Limitless Aero

gyro

GSN Contributor
My first building impressions are that this is better than the 3DHS in innovation, build quality, and fit!!

The first thing I noticed was that the rudder rod practically fell into place! With the other ARF's this is a chore to push the rod in each hinge. These lined up like it was built with a good fixture.

The magnet SFG and wing tips are innovative. Mix and match

The quality of wood and or the Accuracy of cutting is the best I have seen. The servos fall into place with no need to custom fit.

Yeah, the build quality is top notch.
I think Kole said something to me about the magnets being cool, but not 100% reliable. [MENTION=2452]Limitless Aero[/MENTION] what is your recommendation?

Yowzilla

50cc
My maiden was not so great due to a hot engine. I opened up the covering at the end of the canister and opened up the bottom cowl hole to the first chamfer inside like you did.

After about 3-4 minutes I noticed the temps reported by my telemetry were through the roof. So started to land but was too high and the 25 mph head wind was keeping it floating and not dropping. Attempted to go around for one more try with some down elevator trim and the engine died way up wind and low. I made the turn but as soon as the tail wind hit the lift was gone and it hit hard on belly. So hard it nosed over on it's back.

I reset my needles to 1.5 for this build and the RPM telemetry backs it up because the max RPM was only 7k when I had the GP-61 in the sweet spot it would max at 8k with the same 24x9 prop.

The only think I can figure is the Jtech dual exhaust that raps around the back is causing the extra heat in the cowl. After I piece this back together I am going to open up the entire bottom of the cowl from exhaust back.

AKfreak

150cc
8k isn't that a ton of RPM on that prop, isn't it?. I think when you find max RPM, you should fatten it up 1/8 to 1/4 turn. But that's on the big end, how are you set on the low? I assume you are set for good transition, and again fatten 1/8.

Also, there is wrap for the pipes, it helps with heat, and performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
My maiden was not so great due to a hot engine. I opened up the covering at the end of the canister and opened up the bottom cowl hole to the first chamfer inside like you did.

After about 3-4 minutes I noticed the temps reported by my telemetry were through the roof. So started to land but was too high and the 25 mph head wind was keeping it floating and not dropping. Attempted to go around for one more try with some down elevator trim and the engine died way up wind and low. I made the turn but as soon as the tail wind hit the lift was gone and it hit hard on belly. So hard it nosed over on it's back.

I reset my needles to 1.5 for this build and the RPM telemetry backs it up because the max RPM was only 7k when I had the GP-61 in the sweet spot it would max at 8k with the same 24x9 prop.

The only think I can figure is the Jtech dual exhaust that raps around the back is causing the extra heat in the cowl. After I piece this back together I am going to open up the entire bottom of the cowl from exhaust back.

Oh man! Wow that really sucks. Sorry dude!

SnowDog

yowzilla, sorry to hear about the overheating on the maiden :(

sounds like you will be able to get it back in the air soon...that'd good.

still waiting for my RWRC 50cc extra to arrive.........

Yowzilla

50cc
Oh man! Wow that really sucks. Sorry dude!

Yea..no stress...If I did not love to build, tweak, and fly these buckets of balsa and gas I would have folded tent yesterday.

I blame this one on not keeping close tabs on telemetry data when I knew it would most likely run hot. I was too busy getting the feel of the plane at different flight modes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yea..no stress...If I did not love to build, tweak, and fly these buckets of balsa and gas I would have folded tent yesterday.

I blame this one on not keeping close tabs on telemetry data when I knew it would most likely run hot. I was too busy getting the feel of the plane at different flight modes.

Glad it wasn't worse, and that you'll get her fixed and flying again soon.

This plane is too fun to have it down for repairs. Here's wishing you a quick repair!

Yowzilla

50cc
I have got into fixing the fuse last night and am amazed how little fuse damage it has. The landing gear was stripped yet the mount is perfect and just needs new gear bolted on.

Fast forward to end to see how hard it hit. Attached is raw movie with no edits.

http://youtu.be/2M5FXZM1uAk