• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aeroplusrc yak 55 50cc

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Got out this weekend and got another 11 flights on the new plane and motor. She fly pretty good. You just have to on the ball hovering with the ailerons. She's still nose heavy pulls to the gear in a knife edge. The batts are as far back as I can go. I might have to add sigh weight to the tail lol. The motor was up to 7140 on the cf falcon 24-8.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
These are the servos I was trying out. One locked up in the build before the test flight. And the rudder servo after 20 flights started doing the hitec jitter dance. None of the other servos are trying to find center so I don't think it's an electronic interference because I'm using all the same stuff that I use in my other planes. These are not from redwing as far as I know. They have been using them for a while now (as I've read on crying Giants).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 266

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Some pics of the prototype motor. Same mounting Pattern as a dle 55 and prop hub pattern. Ign has no recommend voltage marked on it. Im running a life pack unregulated and it runs great. As stated above 7140 on a falcon cf 24/8.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 304

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Also I might add the jeti mag switch is pretty neat. Because I'm using it there are no switches in the fuse only a red light for the rcxl opti kill and a mini green light for the mag switch. I didn't use the mounting plate for the switch so I could tape it inside the fuse to make it cleaner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 302
Some pics of the prototype motor. Same mounting Pattern as a dle 55 and prop hub pattern. Ign has no recommend voltage marked on it. Im running a life pack unregulated and it runs great. As stated above 7140 on a falcon cf 24/8.

Most ignition units will handle 6V just fine. If it is a RCExl style, I would stay with what you have going right now.

If it aint broke, dont fix it! :)

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Yep. I used to regulate my life packs forever decided to take out a failure point of the reg. I never run a switch for the ign anyway. Just plug the batt direct into the rcxl opti kill

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
A friend had the 50cc slick 540 that came with the XQ power servos from redwing. Plane flew awesome but the aileron servos allowed flutter. He continued to fly against my recommendation cause the flutter was not severe. Once he landed the slop in the gear train of both aileron servos was in excess of 4mm. Personally I would not trust them. There are a lot better choices out there for less than 70 dollars a servo. As a matter of fact...HK has dropped the price of the Blue Bird 3114's (480oz@7.2v and .14 transit)
to 60 dollars! I have had great success with these on 50-60cc class air frames and am installing on my peak models build. Also they dropped the price of the 2209's to 50 dollars. Again great for up to 30/32% airframes. I am finding out however that the first reduction gear and pinions are wearing out fast on my EF 104. Only 30 flights or so (3114 servo). So it is looking as if they are not the best economical choice for 100cc class hard 3d airframes. Fine for a 100cc cub though!lol
I am going to bite the bullet and try the new MKS x series when I win the lotto:).