• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

AeroWorks 150cc Ultimate

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp

Attachments

• P1090276.JPG
    P1090276.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 418
  • P1090277.JPG
    P1090277.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 425
  • P1090278.JPG
    P1090278.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 382

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
By the way @stangflyer, what are your numbers and prop on your 157? Should I paint the jugs red???? lol. Just kidding.
Well, you know what they say. Once you Tango a couple of rounds with a fiery redhead, you'll never want anything else.
happy-wink-smiley-emoticon.gif
Depending where I fly whether it be at the Huck Fest in Washington or here at home, my numbers usually average 6300 to 6600 static with a falcon carbon-fiber 32x10.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
There is one other suggestion I would offer. Shoot me a couple of photos of your ignition system and your pickup sensor. If that 150 is designed like my 157, I would highly recommend the rcexl ignition and sensor. I guarantee a minimum of 300 RPM increase and the performance is unmatched. They will rip like a Ferrari.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is a couple shots for ya Rob.
I read on another forum that it should be around those numbers but no one ran a Falcon. I love the Falcons and/or the fact that Tim will drill them and have ordered a 32x10. So far it sounds like I have a winner of an engine but if your going to tell me to get another ignition at least tell me which one and where from......

Attachments

• P1090283.JPG
    P1090283.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 379
  • P1090284.JPG
    P1090284.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 410

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sorry... guess I could have included that tid bit of info. RC Excl, Get a hold of Milton at RC extreme power. Link is attached.
http://www.rcextremepower.net
He is very knowledgeable about these ignition swaps. It will depend on the sensor location on your engine that will determine which setup you need to get. 3w changed the location of the sensor and the design as well on the later-model 3w engines. The earlier design had the sensor in a different position on the front bearing housing.

And yes, It is a winner for sure. I also love Falcon props. Wont run anything else.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry... guess I could have included that tid bit of info. RC Excl, Get a hold of Milton at RC extreme power. Link is attached.
http://www.rcextremepower.net
He is very knowledgeable about these ignition swaps. It will depend on the sensor location on your engine that will determine which setup you need to get. 3w changed the location of the sensor and the design as well on the later-model 3w engines. The earlier design had the sensor in a different position on the front bearing housing.

And yes, It is a winner for sure. I also love Falcon props. Wont run anything else.
Gerhard said that a new magnet position came with the new ignition. I'll call Milton on Monday and go from there. But you do know I have not run this engine and any improvement will fall on blind eye's, I am only doing it based on your recommendation.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Gerhard said that a new magnet position came with the new ignition. I'll call Milton on Monday and go from there. But you do know I have not run this engine and any improvement will fall on blind eye's, I am only doing it based on your recommendation.
I sincerely appreciate your vote of confidence. I did not get the photos of your pick up sensor on the front of your engine. Also the ignition module. Post a couple of photos.