• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aj aircraft 93,73,56 laser

AKfreak

150cc
I love the way this plane looks. My first rc plane is a Laser, I love the lines of the laser, and Andrew really fattened it up, it's wide, thick, and long... (That came out wrong, doh). I can't wait to see the 93"

Got shipping notice today. Be in the Shire on Tuesday. It is coming on the brown truck, which is not very reliable up here so we shall see. Azhar bling got delivered today. AJ said on the other thread that you can drill out the ball links for M3, which is what I am going to use. I loved my electric 71 slicks, so I hope this adds to that legacy. Here is my setup.

Hacker A60-8S
Xoar 21x10 PJN
12s 3300 Glaciers
Hobbywing Flyfun 100A HV ESC
Castle BEC pro
Hitec 9475SH brushless
Spot On V2 arms
AR9020 with 3 sats
EF 76mm spinner

I will probably go without the wheel pants due to how much flying on grass we do. They just get destroyed and are a few ounces of dead weight.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Got shipping notice today. Be in the Shire on Tuesday. It is coming on the brown truck, which is not very reliable up here so we shall see. Azhar bling got delivered today. AJ said on the other thread that you can drill out the ball links for M3, which is what I am going to use. I loved my electric 71 slicks, so I hope this adds to that legacy. Here is my setup.

Hacker A60-8S
Xoar 21x10 PJN
12s 3300 Glaciers
Hobbywing Flyfun 100A HV ESC
Castle BEC pro
Hitec 9475SH brushless
Spot On V2 arms
AR9020 with 3 sats
EF 76mm spinner

I will probably go without the wheel pants due to how much flying on grass we do. They just get destroyed and are a few ounces of dead weight.

Put pants on that bad boy! So what's a few ounces. Just beef them up! Don't leave AJ naked! Just an expression Andrew, don't get nervous!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
My 56" retro Laser was delivered on Tuesday. Nicely packaged (boxed twice) Absolutely no damage at all to any of the contents. The finish is beautiful. The pre-applied vinyl graphics look awesome. All of the covering was nicely applied and tight. I'm really impressed, well...maybe not that impressed because I expected nothing less from the Jesky clan. Also, beefed up landing gear cage with CF rods...it should take hard landings pretty well.

I met A.J. and Joe Jesky at Toledo this year. They talked to me for half an hour or so. They were very friendly and down to earth.

I'm hoping to start building next week and can't wait to get this beauty airborne. Also, hats off to Tim Jesky...he's great about returning e-mails. I'm sure I'll be doing more business with AJ Aircraft.

Thumbs up for the wheel pants! I fly from a grass field and sometimes they can get damaged, which is a bummer...but I like the appearance a lot better in the air and on the ground. A little spit and epoxy and they're almost as good as new.

AKfreak

150cc
I can't wait to see you guys progress on your new planes. Here is what the first rc plane I ever built or flew looks like.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

One of the first things I do in a assembly is to reinforce the wheel pants with an extra layer of fiberglass. Even though they get cracked still, at least they hold together. Also installing them adds a bit of annoying time as getting wrenches in to get the axles on is always a bear. On the 83 MXS, there is also the skirts, which I just looked at as a total time sink.

AKfreak

150cc
One of the first things I do in a assembly is to reinforce the wheel pants with an extra layer of fiberglass. Even though they get cracked still, at least they hold together. Also installing them adds a bit of annoying time as getting wrenches in to get the axles on is always a bear. On the 83 MXS, there is also the skirts, which I just looked at as a total time sink.

I like the wheel pants that have two screws side by side that index the pant to keep it from slipping forward or back.