• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Laser 230z 73" Build Thread

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
It Is very common to have an idle up switch on a gasser. I would not fly any gas setup in high G manuevers without some way to get the idle speed higher. The fuel pressure changes and there are a lot of different forces at work when you tumble. The rpm will almost certainly drop some. If you are already at a low idle there is a good chance the motor will die.

The switch should be programmed into the radio. What transmitter are you using?

3dNater

I just did a little research. The feature you want for the dx8 is in the throttle curve menu. It is addressed at around page 25 in the manual. Good luck!

3dNater

You will get a feel for how high it should be. I just do mine by sound. I haven't actually put a tach to it. I'm guessing it is about 3000 based on the fact I know my dle 35 has a low idle of around 1600-1800 rpms. The high idle should be high enough to hear it and it should be making some thrust. Mine will pull harder on pavement than I really like for taxiing. I literally flip the switch to get the plane moving down the runway. If you are flying off grass your experience will be different than mine as I usually fly off pavement.

3dNater

It may only be 2200-2500 rpms. Just listen and play with it. Sorry I can't be more precise on that lol

3dNater

One more thing. Keep the high idle during the whole flight. If it is too high to harrier etc. Then turn it down some. But it won't hurt anything having it on the whole flight... just remember to turn it off on your landing approach or it will be difficult getting the plane to slow down.