• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Another project from Bunky!

What on earth am I working on today.....

If youns said a 35% Carden Extra 330, you are a winner!! Decided since I am waiting on the repair parts for my MX2, that I would atleast get 1 project out, possibly 2.

Started with the old cowl rings from the previous rebuild. They didnt get hurt, so why not reuse them. Bolt them up to the fuse, and bolt the cowl together and try to slide the cowl onto the rings. Bottom fit well, but the top, not so much. Since Im no Terrycustoms, I dont have a belt sander. But I do have a dual action palm sander. So, a little time there and its all fitting really good. A little tight in a place or 2, but its all good.

Now its time to reinforce the glue joints I made for the cowl rings. Some 4oz cloth and some finishing resin and we will be in bidnezz! Off to get a couple of acid brushes, since I dont have any. I was lucky enough to have enough super glue here to miunt the cowl rings. I did find more wood glue for my Dalton rebuild! Figure while the epoxy is drying on this, I can sheet the hatch on my D300.

20141116_135225.jpg 20141116_135236.jpg

20141116_164238.jpg 20141116_164308.jpg 20141116_164333.jpg 20141116_164338.jpg 20141116_164344.jpg

Got the cowl ring glued up and fiber glass laid down for reinforcement. Some laminating resin mixed at 3:1 works wonders for a 25 minute working time. Cure time will be between 12 and 16 hr. I mixed up a bit more than i needed. But Id rather mix too much than not enough. See the cup pic!! I used less than 1oz of epoxy, but I mixed up 4!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I bid on one of these on RCU, NIB, a while back and even offered more than he was asking to help cover shipping......never heard form him. Ended up taking the easy route with the new 3DHS Extra for IMAC this year.

So, what'cha puttin' under the hood......any mods? 3-D El Machino or clean flyer in mind??

This one holds a special place in my heart. Its gonna be a special event flyer.

Got a classic 3W 106 on mufflers going in this week.