• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I can not believe it, the Valach has been started. I ran it thirty minutes extremely rich and then leaned the needles just enough for stable flight running but not so much as to not still be rich. Next up will be to run it with the cowl on just enough to see what the temps do, without the cowl it was running 240° would like to see it stay near that with the cowl on.
So off I go to put the cowl on. Later Dudes!!!

No video, it never happened..... :dancing-chicken:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
No video, it never happened..... :dancing-chicken:
Yea, I say that to people also, did not think about it. Maybe the next run, but, the maiden definitely. I ended up going through it and buttoning up a few things, double checking everything and that was about it for the day. I still need to route out the intake openings a little.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Pictures?...
"Pictures?" What is that? lol.
Here is a shot of the air intakes opened up. I sanded them back to the baffles, about an 1/8" around the perimeter but every little bit counts.
I noticed on the run yesterday that it felt like the prop was not balanced, after checking it I assume I forgot to do it. A couple coats clear on one blade and a small weight screwed to the hub and it is ready to go.
Ok, fixing to take it outside for another run and I will shoot a short video.

Attachments

• P1080894.JPG
    P1080894.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 235
  • P1080895.JPG
    P1080895.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 270

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
After three hours to download a 44 second clip here it is.
Our internet here in the boonies is a dinosaur phone line. If I ever need to do something bigger I would have to go to a friends house.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
"Pictures?" What is that? lol.
Here is a shot of the air intakes opened up. I sanded them back to the baffles, about an 1/8" around the perimeter but every little bit counts.
I noticed on the run yesterday that it felt like the prop was not balanced, after checking it I assume I forgot to do it. A couple coats clear on one blade and a small weight screwed to the hub and it is ready to go.
Ok, fixing to take it outside for another run and I will shoot a short video.
The fuzzy side of Velcro is great for hub balancing, stick it on, CA around the edge, then drip thin CA on and hit it with kicker. Repeat the CA it till you get the balance you want.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
After three hours to download a 44 second clip here it is.
Our internet here in the boonies is a dinosaur phone line. If I ever need to do something bigger I would have to go to a friends house.
Must say that does sound really nice. Man there is nothing that sounds like good four-stroke. Don’t care how good a two storkis it just does not sound as good as a four stroke.