Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by acerc, May 20, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Hope that it is a straight swap. And not that everting is a little off, and the cowl needs to Be retrimmed.

2. I don't know about the mount but I can make the adjustments. As for the cowl, I already have the replacement because I ordered it as soon as I knew I had to cut this one that way I don't have a color, or scheme, difference.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. Went and looked, the 120 has a slightly smaller mount so some minor adjustments will be needed. But odds were that any replacement other than the same would be off. Small price to pay!

Snoopy1 likes this.
  4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    One that I would be concerned about is the change from a 140 down to 120. Power is like a drug and if you are like me an adrenaline juke for power how satisfied will you be with 120. Don’t get wrong the 120 will more than enough power it just what are you accustomed to.

5. As it currently stands the airframe goes vertical with less than half throttle. So if the 120 takes a little more throttle it will still have plenty of power, over powered by normal standards.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  6. Just ordered the telemetry stuff from Eagletree, I like knowing what is going on in there.

49dimes, Jetpainter and Snoopy1 like this.
  7. The Tele stuff arrived, spent a couple hours programming it, now to install it in the Laser.

Attached Files:

8. All the telemetry electronics are installed, just need a test run, maybe tomorrow afternoon.
    Now I will know absolute what the engine is doing in flight.
    P1090002 - Copy.JPG

Alky6, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. I have got six flights with the telemetry and everything is just as I thought. The baffles I bought are designed around a 120 two stroke and when installed put one directing the airflow a little to far inward. So I pulled that baffle and built a new one with that foam sheet stuff. The temps were running in an acceptable range, left 220° to 240° and the right 200° to 220°, the new baffle should make them even. The Falcon 32x12 is perfect but will get smaller as it breaks in, then I will switch to a 32x14. It still blows my mind at how balanced the prop and spinner was right out of the box, Tim is the man for sure.
    And in case I have not mentioned it, I love telemetry! My spotter tells me what I want to know from the hand held Dashboard and later I download the recording to view on the LT.

Attached Files:

• 32.JPG
      32.JPG
      File size:
      233.9 KB
      Views:
    • 33.JPG
      33.JPG
      File size:
      361.7 KB
      Views:
    WMcNabb, pawnshopmike and Snoopy1 like this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    What is a L.T.