• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
What is a L.T.

Laptop! I can sit here on the Laptop and compare each flight, etc.
This time around I bought the onboard Tx and Dashboard so I can move it from airframe to airframe. All I will need from here out is the sensors for each airframe, all of thirty bucks..

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Laptop! I can sit here on the Laptop and compare each flight, etc.
This time around I bought the onboard Tx and Dashboard so I can move it from airframe to airframe. All I will need from here out is the sensors for each airframe, all of thirty bucks..
Sounds like a good and easy system to setup and you are not radio dependent.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sounds like a good and easy system to setup and you are not radio dependent.
It is a very easy system to set up. A tad on the expensive side for the Tx and Dashboard but well worth the comfort of knowing what a $$$$$ engine is doing instead of guessing. I forgot but mine is set up to display and record battery voltage also.
Kind of cool watching, on the LT, the voltage bounce around with the stick movement.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Nall may have been a wash but I am loving Fall Nall. Fantastic weather, not counting a slight drizzle here or there, and great people. Here are a couple fair pics just to prove I'm here. And by the way, I most definitely will be back.

Attachments

• DSCN1514.JPG
    DSCN1514.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCN1525.JPG
    DSCN1525.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCN1539.JPG
    DSCN1539.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 309

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How does it compare to the one in the spring. If you had chose to go to one of them would you go the spring one or the one in the fall.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The spring one was hot and crowded, the fall is cooler and for this one far less participants at around 450 or 500 I think. I most definitely will be back for fall, if congress and the FAA don't shut us down that is.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The spring one was hot and crowded, the fall is cooler and for this one far less participants at around 450 or 500 I think. I most definitely will be back for fall, if congress and the FAA don't shut us down that is.
Ok that’s good info to have so I will have to negotiate with my flying buddy and see how he feels about that. I remember years back when I went to JoeNall it was like that and a lot more enjoyable once it passed 800 it started to go down hill for me.
What is this about FAA I thought that was settled.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc hope you are still at JoeNall do me a favour Horizon has brought out a new cub called a XCub it is about 60cc size. I know you and me are not big fans of Horizon but just check the Xcub out and let me know what you think.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@acerc hope you are still at JoeNall do me a favour Horizon has brought out a new cub called a XCub it is about 60cc size. I know you and me are not big fans of Horizon but just check the Xcub out and let me know what you think.
I saw it, looked to be made well, kinda resembled a Cub, flew good for what it is. I did not get the warm and fuzzies over it but that is just me.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok that’s good info to have so I will have to negotiate with my flying buddy and see how he feels about that. I remember years back when I went to JoeNall it was like that and a lot more enjoyable once it passed 800 it started to go down hill for me.
What is this about FAA I thought that was settled.
They are looking change 336, or I should say getting rid of it. The House passed there bill Monday which is the first step, a couple more steps to go before it is final so I am trying to remain optimistic we will survive. The one thing I hang on is a while back the FAA said they have no interest in us, the chartered club flying guys, hopefully they still feel that way and will exclude us from all the regulation. We'll see.