Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by acerc, May 20, 2018.

1. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Got it ;). One thing is certain....It will be a "way cool" :cool: hot rod with the Valach.

acerc and Snoopy1 like this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

It should make a great test bed.

Snoopy1 and acerc like this.
  3. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Or pile. :frown_gif:

Snoopy1 and Jetpainter like this.
  4. Jetpainter

I have more faith in you than that.;)

49dimes and acerc like this.
  5. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    I made the engine mount template and taped it in place. Then I commenced to measuring, squaring, checking everything in every way. The final check that I like to do to is drill a 10-32 hole on center, then thread a 3" 10-32 bolt with washer and lock it in place with a washer and nut. Then I thread a piece of brass tube onto the bolt and check the alignment of the spinner, came out pretty much dead on.

Attached Files:

• 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      234.9 KB
      Views:
    • 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      231.4 KB
      Views:
    • 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      File size:
      222.7 KB
      Views:
    • 15.JPG
      15.JPG
      File size:
      257.6 KB
      Views:
    Snoopy1, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Like your method of finding the centre of the spinner. It always amazes me how all do things a little differently but all come to the same results. Like your method hope to remember it when I do my next one thanks for shearing.
    Have a question like the way you use the 10-32 with a brass tube to check if you got it correct but how did you get to locate the template or did you just use what the manufacturer suggested location .

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    acerc likes this.
  7. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    I clamp construction paper to the engine mount plate then use an Exacto #11 to cut the bolt hole's, then I use a piece of aluminum (an old Exacto handle) with the end rounded to rub the plate's perimeter and any inner marking. The inner markings help to find the center lines and aluminum will leave a burnish mark kind of like a pencil in color and it does not take much pressure to do it.

Snoopy1 likes this.
  8. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Spent most of the day working on the shop. But this evening I did manage to install the fuel dot, wing wiring, and the rudder servos. Emails say the batteries and Booma are on their way.
    I do need to find a spinner as the one that came with the Laser is, well, not usable. Looked at Truturn but I think theirs is gold plated. Anyone have some bright ideas I am all ears.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. Jetpainter

What size? If it's 5" the center bolt carbon fiber one with the aluminum backplate that Extreme Flight sells is pretty nice. I don't see it on there website, but they may still have it. The part # was EF-SPIN-5BLK

acerc likes this.
  10. acerc

acerc 150cc

Florida
    Looked into it, natta… But it did jog a memory, No Limits from PAU. I'll order one here shortly.

Jetpainter likes this.