• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Anyone own the 104" AJ Slick?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I thought the stabs were going to take a while with how deep the servo is recessed from the inboard edge, but it went rather easily.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Started with epoxying the main gear area, have to seal all the exposed wood don't we, when cured installed the mains, tail gear, and stabs and believe I will call it a day.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 281

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Could not stand the not knowing of what the extra 4lbs would do so I slid the wings on, set the two rudder servos on the stabs, and set the engine with ign on the nose. And to my surprise when I lifted it at the given 1-1/2" in front of the tube it set nearly level. Having the two four cell batteries and the Rx to move around getting a neutral c of g should be a piece of cake.
And according to my measurements it only needs 1/2" stand off's. I think the Valach will work out.

Attachments

• P1080756.JPG
    P1080756.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just my two pennies worth........

That plane really calls for strong 120 class motor if it is going to be flown 3D. 111 will get it done and the 140 four stroke too but the four stroke just does not have the throttle response and the 111 is a bit weak compared to a 120. Flying it "precision" and "scale aerobatics" then the 140 or 111 is good for that. It's just that the air frame was designed as a 3D beast in both "Low and Slow" and "High Energy" 3D styles.
I'm with Tanner on this one. If your choice's are 111 or 140 four then 111 is what I would go with. Save that wonderful Valach for something scale.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I can contemplate until the time come's to install something, and I know exactly what it will be, the Valach. If it does not turn out to be a pleasant flyer I can always take it off and get a 120. But the plan at the onset of this venture was to get something I could put the Valach in to break it in. The Bulldog II will be nearly a two year project and that is where the Valach will end up but for now there is a Laser that may just be a temporary hot rod.