• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aztech Aeromodels Spot on Version2 Servo Arms

Sorry I wasn't trying to beat up on the product, I'm sure they are great, and I look forward to using them myself.

They could be 7075, though, if they feel harder. If the 6061 version was wearing on the splines, it would not make any sense to use 6063, in my opinion.

Regardless, you guys rock and thanks for helping out this site with being a sponsor !! :thumbup:

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I'm looking forward to receiving these arms. Aztech Aeromodels sent them out today to me. I'll be putting over 30 of them into use in the next month. I'd like to give a special thanks to Azhaar for bringing me aboard his team also.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Aztec also sent me a couple to try, I am running them on 7950s and they have been great. Absolutely no issues at all and fit very well. And I am pushing them very hard.

Vital-Rc

50cc
Was just curious. When the V1s went on sale I did some quick research to see if I could save money and everything I saw said 6061 was stronger.

(I ordered a bunch of V1s over the winter from Aztek, btw)

This seems to be an example of a company (spot-on) using the term "better" and many folks just assuming the new material is stronger (and publicly stating such in forum product reviews...when in fact it's not.)

It seems like the V2s use a "better" material for making the arms....which in turn might make them easier to apply to servos...but when in fact they're not as strong...which to me is a very important quality of a servo arm going into a GS plane. (to me...more important than how easily they install onto my servos...particularly when the V1s didn't seem to have a insertion/application problem in the first place...at least not enough for me to think there was a problem.)

Djmoose,

Let me explain why I stated the V2 material was stronger. 6061 is actually a stronger material under the metallurgical chart, the choice of words I used portrayed a description I didn't accurately think through at the time of the review. My choice of words derived from the testing I did using a welded spline gear to a metal frame, the arm was the mounted securely and then measurable pressure was added until a point of failure was noticed (stress cracks or complete shearing). If I have mislead you in anyway I apologize for that. I can promise you the V1 modded or V2 arms will handle anything you throw at it in an aerobatic routine.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I have been using the new ones in my new 104 EF Extra and they fit and work great. Also, the M3 flat, socket head screws and jet nuts that come with the big Savox servos are perfect for use with the arms as well!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Received mine in the mail yesterday. I ordered 4, 1.75" arms and 1, 4.5" offset style arm for my new 7954's in anodized black. These things are sweeeeet. I broke a brand new flathead tip off in one, they're beefy!!! :banana:

SWB are just too pricey for what they are, these have a better appearance as well, and the best part- they offer more than just the color red! The only thing I like more about the SWB arms is the use of a locknut on the pinch bolt for the servo output shaft but that won't be a difficult challenge to solve if I decide to use locknuts!

I buy bling from Azhar all the time, he makes my airplanes and my transmitter look sexy. Always ships my stuff out fast, even on a saturday!

Last edited by a moderator: