• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Beautifying the Beast

reyn3545

100cc
You should go ahead and get the plane finished then ship it to me. I can break it in (or up) for you and meet you at Nall with what's left!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Good way to get plenty of airplanes to fly, ship them here and we keep them in tune for Nall.

You should go ahead and get the plane finished then ship it to me. I can break it in (or up) for you and meet you at Nall with what's left!

How about we both meet at Joe Nall and YOU can fly it there!

This is one of three new planes I want to bring to Joe Nall.

The other big plane is a Harvard 1/3 scale with a Moki 250. It's painted exactly like the bottom one.
It's about 95% finished but I ran out of energy to get it done last year for Joe Nall. My wife had some serious eye surgery in March that ended up requiring 16 trips to the different 3 surgeons and after the long drives home from the hospital I just didn't feel like working on it at night. But all is well now and I've got lots of time to get it ready.

BRITISH NAVY HARVARD.jpg

reyn3545

100cc
I'd love to head up to Nall to meet you and many other great folks I've met through these websites. Unfortunately, for some reason, even though Nall is only about 2 hours from my house, I've never been there. I don't care to fly in crowds that size, but it would still make a great day trip just to experience it. I do travel a lot, and many years my schedule just doesn't allow the trip, but every year that I say I'm going, I always find some excuse not to. Must be a character flaw!

reyn3545

100cc
And I agree with Pistolera... the Moki should be a perfect fit for that Harvard. I just took a Moki 250 out of my CARF Pitts, now fitting a 3W 220 CS into it. The Moki had great power for scale flying, but not enough to keep a 50 pound biplane active on the uplines.

Is there any difference between the Harvard and the Texan, or is that just a different name that North American gave the same plane selling into different countries?