• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That looks right at home, but I think you will need a bigger trailer so you can haul more toys :)
See Mark? They fit. Just need to plan ahead. LOL....Once the second tier is built, I should be able to get all 5 of my big boys in plus my sons 43% Edge and his 30% Pilot Edge.
20150227_114339.jpg
20150227_172245.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
..........since all the rest of the hardware is blue, I slapped a coat of paint on the aluminum standoffs and "cinched" it all down. For a total cost of a buck and a quarter, I was in business.

Hey Rob,

Has anybody ever accused you of being ANAL ? ? ? ? ?............:lol2: Sorry Buddy, I couldn't resist. Your Edge is looking AWESOME. I bet you're chomping at the bit to get that big bird in the air........................:yesss:
David

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
As a matter of fact... not only anal but OCD Anal. Lol... yes I am. I am changing gears and planning to have it flight ready by the end of March. Way a head of schedule.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looks Awesome @stangflyer ! Can't wait to see some pic's of it in the air doing what it does best!:fist_pump:
I am right there with you. Getting really excited. I did get some time to start working on the wheel pants. Yuk...they are some ugly beasts. Quite a number of stress cracks around the parameter of the opening for the wheels. Not serious enough to replace, but definitely in need of some reconstructive surgery.
20150303_171918.jpg 20150303_171931.jpg 20150303_171945.jpg 20150303_172008.jpg

After sanding through the original paint, I was able to see just what really needed attention. I sealed up the cracks to hold them in place while I worked on them. CA works great for setting cracks. All inside work finished and waiting for the fiberglass to set. Once cured, I will do some reshaping of the wheel openings and do another final sand before priming. I should have them primed and painted tomorrow.

20150303_205032.jpg 20150303_205109.jpg 20150303_205130.jpg 20150303_205209.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
When you paint them, they need to be similar to the scheme on the plane :)
I was thinking that also Mark. Problem is, I already purchased the Insignia Blue paint. Maybe I can just order up a can of Missile Red and a can of White? What do you think of the same style of stripes on the pants like the rudder?