• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, but it would look allot better with a 3W275CS bolted on the firewall.....................:lol2:

Sorry Buddy, I couldn't resist
I absolutely agree Dave. A CS would look awesome upfront. Just that the cost of a 24 horse 3W verses 25 horse ZDZ is just not acceptable. Course the CS version is far more ponies, (27.5) and AI advertises the CS as turning the same prop as the classic 275, but then again...mucho more denero. I would really like to see some reports on the ZDZ 250 J2 reed motor. If it hauls the mail as has been indicated, perhaps that will be the one for this ride.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
my bad Stang, Joe has a 210 on his cap. Kind of makes it even more amazing how it yanks that plane around.
No worries. I talk to Joe on a regular basis. We talked about his 210 on his Cap. Problem with using that motor would be my BH will outweighs it by at least ten pounds. We have discussed other options. However, I am now leaning back towards the 275. I am getting anxious to fly this thing. But at the same time, I wanted it light and different. UGH...what to do....what.....to.....do???? LOL

BBuilt

New to GSN!
Bill Vargas, why did you change your avatar to that?
mr know it all.jpg

Nice Job on that BH Edge 540. I am patiently waiting for your maiden flight

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A couple of modifications. Due to the change up on the decision on power plant, it was necessary to remove the firewall as well as the top and bottom of the motor box. It will all be rebuilt to accommodate the new motor. Also, although removing some of the previous stuff inside the fuse, it was also desired to remove the last of the floor plates that really served no purpose. No promises or guarantees, but perhaps a maiden in a couple of weeks.
image.jpeg
image[1].jpeg
image[2].jpeg