• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Bud Nosen (!!!) 1/4 Scale Citabria Build! Woo hoo!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Zooming right along :on_the_go:. Do you think a 40 twin would be a bit much??? My Cub weighs 16 pounds and a 26cc motor going to haul it fine.

Ok! answered my own question. And the answer is.....NOPE! 105"WS. I did not think it was THAT big. Silly me :oops:.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
at its widest point it is about 7-7/8"

Keep in mind when you're thinking about an engine, it was originally flown with a .60 FSR. They even list the ailerons as optional. So if you lighten it up and throw even a 120 four stroke in it (a little less than a G-23 gasser, roughly) it's still going to go like stink.

BalsaDust

Yeah I'm seeing now on the box that is says around 10 pounds flying weight which pretty good for a plane that size. I'm thinking take some weight out and a nice 20cc would pull it around really well.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Had to travel for work yesterday and today but put in a couple of hours tonight. Started tonight by removing the fuselage from the plans and studied the section drawings to see how the two sides were supposed to pull together. Measured everything and then braced the fuselage with scrap balsa before pinning it back down and triple checking everything so it's as close to perfect as possible. I'm pretty sure it's dimensionally correct and centered/squared as well as I'm going to get it.

The pins are holding in plywood doublers on the inside of the fuselage/cabin. They overlap the balsa joints to lock it all together and to transfer the loads from the wing saddle down into the fuselage. I'll do the other side tomorrow night.

IMG_20180326_201903170_HDR.jpg

Gear saddle and supports.
IMG_20180326_201852384_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Got up early this morning and figured I might as well pull the tail together. Used gallon cans to hold the sides perpendicular with the lines on the plans as the guide. It's pretty close to perfect, not quite but close enough for this one. I'll have some photos of the firewall mounted to the front end later on tonight.
Rear fuselage 2.jpg
Rear fuselage 1.jpg
Rear fuselage 3.jpg
Rear fuselage 4.jpg