• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Building a Bulldog II

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Stits told me to apply it to airframe and press the covering into it whilst it dried. This was very difficult to do so I switched to the Stixit but will try your way next time.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just brushed on polytak, dries almost instantly, then ironed on the fabric. Maybe Polytak changed the recipe?? There is no discoloration.
Not using stixit.
Used Stits quite a bit and I have had both the one that has brown tinge and one that is clear. You never know witch one you are going to get. I prefer the light brown one because it is easier to know were you put it on and control the thickness.

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
Stits told me to apply it to airframe and press the covering into it whilst it dried. This was very difficult to do so I switched to the Stixit but will try your way next time.

There is just no time to press in the fabric while applying it. Especially on large pieces, unless you work inch by inch. I just apply PolyTac thin onto bare wood. Then go over with iron, seems t o work just fine.

Blazing Wings

70cc twin V2
50% Christen Eagle anyone? I have drawn wings for a friend of mine, that is building a 50% Christen Eagle. He made the fiberglass fuselage and cowl and asked me for the remaining parts to make. He is planing to offer this as a kit in the near future either built up wings or foam core wings.
Christen Eagle BOTTOM WING final.JPG Christen Eagle top wing.JPG