• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Building a Bulldog II

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
All the fuse stringers are cut, but they need to be spliced for length, maybe later. I definitely will not be gluing any of this today, just getting things lined up and worked out.

Attachments

• P1090143.JPG
    P1090143.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 349

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the day started out good, got the stringers all spliced up and ready. But before gluing I double checked the width measurements and all was good. So I started taping the stringers on first to check fit and shape, the sides went without incident including cutting for the one out of place. But when I got to the top the transition from the fourth former from the back to the fifth something did not feel right, just to much of an arch. I did not actually check the height over the projection because they looked spot on or maybe I was to focused on the width. Either way they are off and to cut them down would not only change the width but add another double joint to each former. This time I used three different pics, the artist one, a full scale one, and the one given to me by the designer showing everything overlaid on the full scale pic.

Attachments

• P1090144.JPG
    P1090144.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 349
  • P1090145.JPG
    P1090145.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 399
  • P1090146.JPG
    P1090146.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 338

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I am going to send Blazing Wings an email and see if I can get some corrected formers.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You at the most difficult part just try to get things to fit, straight and difficult to imagine shape with so little to look at.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You at the most difficult part just try to get things to fit, straight and difficult to imagine shape with so little to look at.
Not really, I have hundreds of photos to go by and have done it by projector many times. I was just trying not to have to look to get new one's as I don't know how well that will go.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I checked the ribs with the pics and they are extremely close, almost perfect, see attachments.
I also checked the ribs against the Challenger as it is the same size. The bottom wing is the same airfoil, the top is not. If, Blazing Wings does not want to correct these formers I will go the route of the challenger. The fuse is good, needs the tail feather from this kit, a correct top wing of which I have, modify the gear, and modify the cowl. Hell, I'd be just as well off to buy another Challenger and go from there.
But I will wait with high hopes that BW will correct these formers.

Attachments

• P1090147.JPG
    P1090147.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 330
  • P1090148.JPG
    P1090148.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 316