• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Carden Pro 124 Build, My Dream Plane

tl3

50cc
A stack of wood, laser cut parts, some sticks, some foam, more foam, shucks, cowl and wheel pants in raw fiberglass, A big roll of plans and that's about it!
Actually, no laser cut wood. The motor-box and other ply parts are CnC router cut. The PRO also comes with a carbon main gear, carbon wing and stab tubes, and the pre-preg .007 carbon wing, ail, and stab reinforcements. :)

WMcNabb

150cc
I enjoyed reading your thread on the 118.

Looking forward to watching this one.

Keep up the good work!

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
OK, I got the other side of the box glued in along with the rear plate and the top plate. Very happy with the result.

Attachments

• DSC08844.JPG
    DSC08844.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC08845.JPG
    DSC08845.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC08846.JPG
    DSC08846.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC08848.JPG
    DSC08848.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC08849.JPG
    DSC08849.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC08850.JPG
    DSC08850.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC08851.JPG
    DSC08851.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 398

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I haven't ever built a kit so this is an ignorant question. What kind of glue do you use for most of the assembly? CA on most of it and epoxy in higher stress areas like motor box and such?

Most like a wood type glue. It seems to absorb the vibrations better than this or med super glue. Wing skins are up to the user. GG or a laminating resin epoxy work great. If epoxy is used, add a little color to it by using some RIT dye. Shows what's covered and what is not.

My 35% is built with wood glue and med super glue.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I haven't ever built a kit so this is an ignorant question. What kind of glue do you use for most of the assembly? CA on most of it and epoxy in higher stress areas like motor box and such?

No.........this is a good question. There are probably lots of us that haven't done any more assembly than a RTF . I'd like to try a Carden/Dalton type kit and build some day and threads like this can be a great guide and do help with pushing the "buy" button.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No.........this is a good question. There are probably lots of us that haven't done any more assembly than a RTF . I'd like to try a Carden/Dalton type kit and build some day and threads like this can be a great guide and do help with pushing the "buy" button.

The only thing that is keeping me from pushing the BUY button is my wallet being empty. Gotta stop buying plane parts and start saving...

ROLLERMAN

70cc twin V2
That is not an ignorant question at all, now, you will have guys using different types of epoxy meaning brand mostly, some want a longer cure time so that the can have time to assemble, it also depend on where you are using it, longer time means it soaks on the wood better giving you a stronger joint.
As you have seen on the pics, the epoxy I’m using takes overnight to cure and working time is about 45 minutes that also depends on the outside temp.
To further answer your question, yes, there are areas where you should use epoxy, engine box, landing plate, attaching the Fin to the fuse, high stress areas. If you keep up with the thread you will see what glue and where I’m using it.
Good question