• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Yes, he is running the Torque. He is sponsored by EF, so he runs their equipment. I got a wicked good deal on my motor. I run a Gecko instead of the Airboss as I run a HV servo setup. If you get the 7245s I would go with the Gecko 85A.
So the bec is safe with the 7245. Should I run a back up gaurd or something like that?

gyro

GSN Contributor
So the bec is safe with the 7245. Should I run a back up gaurd or something like that?

Nope, you should be fine.

I've had good luck using the gecko with same setup as yours, as well as two different 30cc setups with no problems; one four servo, and one five. The gecko is solid.

I use 2S LiPo or 10A BEC with HV servos, like the one in the 64" MXS build video. I know the ZTW's have very robust BEC's and I recommend them to anyone, but my BEC is toasted. I use a 2S 500mAh in my Laser EXP and it's fantastic. Using an Rx battery is not a redundant system, and it is a lot riding on a little JST connector, so be sure you have a well soldered plug if you go that route.

I would recommend the Precision Aerobatics Katana MX (57") or the XR-61. Those planes both fly great and they make an XR-52 that I would also recommend.