• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

We have had a lot of failures with the 0255s. They are very powerful, just not as bullet proof as other servos. RJX does make good stuff.

gyro

GSN Contributor
We have had a lot of failures with the 0255s. They are very powerful, just not as bullet proof as other servos. RJX does make good stuff.

The only issue with the 0255 is when you use a longer arm. (Cooked two of the servos in 2012 while I learned this). So far the ones on my 48" edge are doing great. Only one arm is extended beyond factory included arms, and only by about 2.5mm

hone

150cc
The only issue with the 0255 is when you use a longer arm. (Cooked two of the servos in 2012 while I learned this). So far the ones on my 48" edge are doing great. Only one arm is extended beyond factory included arms, and only by about 2.5mm

Eh, the set I got centered horribly. Stock arms. That said I've had great success with larger savox servos.
I'm excited to try the new hitec servo when it comes out but I may gice the rjx a try first.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
My 47" shp has the sh-0257 on 6v with stock arms 5085 on elevator. I have beat the snot out of that one. I originally had them in a 3dhs epp yak on all surfaces. Silly fast and fun. I just saw a video of the speed of the rjx servos. :veryshocked:

3dbandit

100cc
My 47" shp has the sh-0257 on 6v with stock arms 5085 on elevator. I have beat the snot out of that one. I originally had them in a 3dhs epp yak on all surfaces. Silly fast and fun. I just saw a video of the speed of the rjx servos. :veryshocked:

Here is the video of the BK servos on my laser, stupid fast...

[video=youtube;AQnp8xEZGR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnp8xEZGR8&list=UUax9OMPcl3IzniiS1oA_LrA[/video]

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Holy CRAP! :veryshocked:
That is absurd, in the cool kinda way! Got the back end hoppin' like a low rider!
[MENTION=2581]hopper[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some. [MENTION=646]cwojcik[/MENTION] has the RJX version of this servo. We have both toned down our BECs as there is only so much stupid fast you need.

[video=youtube;o3WqLdl0N3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3WqLdl0N3g[/video]

[video=youtube;2yeHpiby1dU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yeHpiby1dU[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
The RJX servos are probably the way to go if you feel you need the best performance. They are stupid fast and powerful. Also, they now have a version that is even better for these airplanes, the FS-0390. They do not require mount modifications, and are geared differently for more torque (168 oz-in I think) and less speed (though .07 is still plenty fast).

However, both RJX models are quite a bit heavier than other servos in this class. They are really a high performance heli servo jammed into a mini package. So, they need careful attention when installing. Velcro dampers are a must and you also need a strong BEC as they pull as much current as a 7955.

Go with 7245's unless you know what you are getting into.