• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool old school planes??

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
so, no Akromaster?
sorrow.png

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Patroller said
Isn't the classic old school aerobatic plane the Pitts?  
I've got a beautiful 30 year-old  scratch-built 33% scale Pitts S1S/T sitting on my bench, that was given to me by the builder.  Although sorry to say it will never fly again ....I am in the process of adding a bit more scale details to it for static display.  I'll shoot some pics and the story as soon as I get'r done.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Earle that is awesome,  fantastic job.  I would love to get a bipe but they scare the hell out of me.  

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I can't take any credit for the scratch build of this Pitts.  I'm just adding some more scale details.  I'll start a thread under Scale soon.  Trying to get caught up on other stuff, like our new house that's being built now.

SleepyC

150cc
Earle, that thing is SICK. I have loved the PITTS since I first saw one tumble through the sky with smoke on when I was a kid.

Awesome plane. I even had a COX U-control pits, it almost cut my thumb off and crashed into a wall on the first flight. I was 10.

icon_biggrin.gif

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
SleepyC said

Awesome plane. I even had a COX U-control pits, it almost cut my thumb off and crashed into a wall on the first flight. I was 10.
The one powered by a rockin' Cox .020? I had one - day-glow green. 15' flight lines. Couldn't loop to save it's life. Even if you ran in circles and whipped it. Lasted about a half dozen flights. RIP lil' stinker!